Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astronomy Ireland - what's going on?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:52am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭

This is bizarre - in the week of the starbeque...

listsdis_zps476a7b98.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 manic_dave

I got this also. Wondered why I was getting emails from AI after the shop went under. My understanding was that they had my email address when I bought a scope from the shop. Now the shop is gone, why is another company or wherever it wants to call itself doing using my data. Sounds like a data protection issue to me. Maybe that's why its under investigation ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,424 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

There was a technical issue with their mail server

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

Ive been out of the loop for awhile so im wondering when did the shop go under?Is that other Astronomy shop near the airport run by the same people?I was wondering why the adds on this forum for that shop were saying "Ireland's only Astronomy Shop" as i was thinking "what about Astronomy Ireland's warehouse"?

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

Me too, first I heard of it.... so I suppose the "club" is also gone ;)

edit: still sorry to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭alyssum

My experience of them is if you send a query you get spammed every days afterwards

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement