Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique Art for baby's room, maybe personalised

Options
  • 26-08-2013 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭

I am looking for a few pieces of art to put up in my baby boys room. I would like something a bit unique or maybe even something personalised.

Would really appreciate some ideas thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Plek Trum

I highly recommend www.swinkydoo.com

She does lovely handmade canvas gifts - fabric and stitching. Have a nice look and very durable.
    Check the website, I got one for my nephew and it looks great. If you are ever in Dingle, they stock her work in an art/ craft co-op on the Main St.

Also worth a look for something personalised is Carla Daly - bright fun graphics, can be completely personalised and educational options too
    http://www.carladaly.ie/

Don't go too overboard though- its easy to get carried away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Sparky100 wrote: »
    I am looking for a few pieces of art to put up in my baby boys room. I would like something a bit unique or maybe even something personalised.

Would really appreciate some ideas thanks

I found this little gem of a shop in Killarney called Killarney Crafts. Purchased a personalised Handmade Quilt for one friend. They had shelves of personalised items - sign for door of room; handknits for boys & gals that could be personalised with their name; ornate gifts.
    I am so not doing this place justice. Have a look here for more info. Lovely little gem with real helpful staff :) All handmade; certainly unique and personalised!

If you see any items you like you could perhaps contact them about having the item personalised and posted on to you?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Sparky100

Plek Trum really like swinkydoo website and thanks all for the other suggestions. will def get something as a gift from one of them. They all have lovely personalised items. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

you should try notonthehighstreet.com and search for the my wishes print.. it is a personalised print where you set out your wishes for your child. i got it for my god child...grey on grey was hte colour scheme i got and it was GORGEOUS!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I know it's not what you have in mind; but if you want something unique and personal, maybe you could try make your own art.
    Pick up a canvas, and some paint adn give it a go.
    Doesn't have to BE anything, but it would be yours and about as personalised as it gets.

I'm no artist, but am always meaning to do this, I think when I have kids will be the push I need

Advertisement