Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is boards.ie anti-Catholic?

Options
  • 26-08-2013 6:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34

From countless threads claiming that belief is a mental illness, to tarring all believers with the same brush; the evidence is clear.

On the one hand threads bashing the Catholic faith (including offensive rhetoric and blatant lies) are tolerated, yet anything that's even remotely anti-Muslim, anti-Jewish or anti-homosexual is shot down pretty quickly by the liberal do-good moderation team for whom anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable prejudice -- how tolerant and liberal.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭Legs.Eleven

Ye got up to post this nonsense at 6.55 in the morning?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 zachaus

Ye got up to post this nonsense at 6.55 in the morning?

I pray every morning at 6:00.

Do I take it from that response that you implicitly condone boards.ie's anti-catholic policy?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

Anti catholic no. A discussion form where people put forward opinions and both sides need to justify what they say, yes.

If a post is inaccurate or unfounded say so and explain why. No belief system should be protected, as it is a choice to believe, and up to you to justify your own beliefs.

Anti catholic no. A discussion form where people put forward opinions and both sides need to justify what they say, yes.

If a post is inaccurate or unfounded say so and explain why. No belief system should be protected, as it is a choice to believe, and up to you to justify your own beliefs.

Do you think equating catholic belief to mental illness is acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

that and anti- traveller, immigrant, islam, American, israel etc. etc.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,465 ✭✭✭✭darkpagandeath

What lies do you speak of ? that the catholic church would rather have 2 ppl die than save 1 ? that there so quick to apologise for the laundries and put some cash up for the victims ? or they did not move paedophiles from place to place and try to silence bury this ? i could go on

that and anti- traveller, immigrant, islam, American, israel etc. etc.:D

Have you ever asked yourself why boards.ie is not anti-gay? Or anti-Islam (it wouldn't be long before a bomb was sent to Golden Lane)

Something to do with the sexual habits of the moderators?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

zachaus wrote: »
    From countless threads claiming that belief is a mental illness, to tarring all believers with the same brush; the evidence is clear.

On the one hand threads bashing the Catholic faith (including offensive rhetoric and blatant lies) are tolerated, yet anything that's even remotely anti-Muslim, anti-Jewish or anti-homosexual is shot down pretty quickly by the liberal do-good moderation team for whom anti-Catholicism is the last acceptable prejudice -- how tolerant and liberal.

What I see are constant recurring posts whining about anti catholic threads which I can seldom find more than a rare isolated example of. Link me to one current one which singles out catholics...go on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭SmilingLurker

I did not post that. However argue that point with the op of that. I am not familiar with any evidence or argument they made. Could you point me to the peer reviewed study and see what the paper actually said, rather than what a tabloid said?

I do think your belief system causes more harm than good. I would suggest you volunteer instead of pray, and help someone. However that is your choice.

Is after hours an appropriate location for this discussion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,261 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

No.

Most peopel here gladly allow people to pratice what they want and where they want as long as they are not intrusive.

There are a few hypocritical idiots though, that think automatcially belivign in God or having a faith is a sign of ignorance, and there I see your point, but then you write this:
    Have you ever asked yourself why boards.ie is not anti-gay? Or anti-Islam (it wouldn't be long before a bomb was sent to Golden Lane)

whcih is pretty much the same ignorance: because someone does NOT have a faith you assume they have certain sexual "habits"...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭Ghost Buster

I pray every morning at 6:00.

Do I take it from that response that you implicitly condone boards.ie's anti-catholic policy?

Irish people on boards seem to have become anti catholic. Can you think of any reasons? Read a news paper and get back on that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭lahalane

If that's the case then it's a pity. All religions should be bashed equally with no reprimand from moderators. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Have a read of conspiracy theories forum. They get a good bashing in there

Pulling the strings behind the scenes and controlling more then you realize :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I've rarely seen anything attacking the Catholic faith, it's the Catholic church which is often in the firing line, and as a Catholic myself I approve of that. The church has let the faith down, badly, and that cannot be stated often enough in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

So tarring all catholics with the same brush is wrong. But tarring all boardsies with the same brush is ok?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This is the precise point where you lost the right to be taken seriously. The sexual preferences of the mods are a) irrelevant when it comes to their ability to do the job; and b) quite frankly none of your business.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Iopu

As a bible believer. I have a hard time believing a lot of the things that the catholic church is teaching. Like that you have to confess your sins to a priest etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Iopu wrote: »
    As a bible believer. I have a hard time believing a lot of the things that the catholic church is teaching. Like that you have to confess your sins to a priest etc.

Here a few passages from the bible that the Catholic church refuse to acknowledge...

Timothy 2:5

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus,

And calling another man father eg (Priests)

Matt 23:9

And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

They just add their own bits to it which is completely wrong and don't get me started about all the Mary worship and praying to saints.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭SicklySweet

Not anti-catholic, but more of a anti-religion. We're all fair game on Boards imo. Bashing is fine, it usually leads to a good debate. The admins/mods know when it's gone far enough.

• Advertisement

OP banned.

Don't feel the trolls people :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement