Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist!

Options
  • 26-08-2013 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

We moved into a new county two years ago and have been attending our local dentist (en famille) ever since. Have just discovered that his wife is in the senate - as a 'spokesperson' for jobs yadayadayada...

I do like our dentist, but am feeling a bit not-so-comfortable now. he's really lovely, but I feel (having grown up in 70s ireland with gushing wounds or tampon insert into side of jaw) - I am ready for all!
    But f$£@*d if I am paying for his wife in the Senate!
    Rant over! thanks guys x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

I think you're looking for the "What are you drinking?" thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

....what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

So this went from a dentist thread to a bash the senate thread?

I don't get this.

Do you get angry at clouds?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Change dentist.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

You pay for her through your taxes whether or not you use his services. She's probably on the guts of 90K or so after salary & expenses, so I'd say she's quite self sufficient without his earnings.

That's one of the stupider reasons I could think of to stop going to a dentist that you otherwise find good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Missyelliot2

Thanks all-
    no offence intended at all!
    Just angry that I didn't have our fangs treated by an apolitical person.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭rustedtrumpet

Day off...have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Thanks all-
    no offence intended at all!
    Just angry that I didn't have our fangs treated by an apolitical person.

Sure who gives a sh1te what his wife does? shes not pulling your teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Football Football Football Football Football Football Football Football Football Football
    Football Football Football Football Football Football Football Football Football Football

Eoin wrote: »
    You pay for her through your taxes whether or not you use his services. She's probably on the guts of 90K or so after salary & expenses, so I'd say she's quite self sufficient without his earnings.

That's one of the stupider reasons I could think of to stop going to a dentist that you otherwise find good.

True......but this is the problem - I would absolutely stay with my dentist, but the fact that she is associated with huge debt through her family - and she still remains as a senator - at 90k (for what exactly?) .... I do resent paying....

Tell me if I'm wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

True......but this is the problem - I would absolutely stay with my dentist, but the fact that she is associated with huge debt through her family - and she still remains as a senator - at 90k (for what exactly?) .... I do resent paying....

Tell me if I'm wrong
    You're wrong. Her husband is your dentist. Would you like to be judged if your husband's family had debts, or simply as a result of your husband's occupation or political ideology?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Tell me if I'm wrong

You're wrong.

She's not your dentist. He is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭theGEM

We moved into a new county two years ago and have been attending our local dentist (en famille) ever since. Have just discovered that his wife is in the senate - as a 'spokesperson' for jobs yadayadayada...

I do like our dentist, but am feeling a bit not-so-comfortable now. he's really lovely, but I feel (having grown up in 70s ireland with gushing wounds or tampon insert into side of jaw) - I am ready for all!
    Rant over! thanks guys x

I missed that on Reeling in the Years...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

Tell me if I'm wrong
    I'm sure he is only going to charge you for the dentistry, not the wife. :confused:

wil wrote: »
    I'm sure he is only going to charge you for the dentistry, not the wife. :confused:

Unless he finger bangs her while getting his teeth tended too?

Ok all...am bowing out of boards.ie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭theGEM

Goodnight Sweet Prince

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Tell me if I'm wrong

I think you should pick the right battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

There's probably loads of people who choose one business over another because of political affiliations.
    Certainly with the older generation and the FF/FG rivalry.

Gondor needs a king

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

So long dental plaaan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

This thread is so strange I had to double-check to make sure it wasn't me who started it.

Advertisement