Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to RMA?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

A couple of weeks ago a sound started coming from my PC, a loud buzzing pretty sure it was the fan in my GPU (XFX 7970 DD 3GB)

It comes and goes, but now when playing The Witcher 2 it's getting up to temps of 96 degrees celsius, this is when I have it set to High or Ultra quality, it appears to idle at about 40-43.
    Basically I'm asking are these normal temps for a high end card?
    Or do I need to RMA?

Was built February 2013.

System Specs:
    Cooler Master Haf 922
    Asus P67 Sabertooth
    i7-3770K
    8GB Corsair Vengeance
    XFX 7970 DD 3GB
    Corsair HX750

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's very much on the upper limits. Do you have it overclocked?

How's your case airflow. I'd look to dial back your overclock and/or improve case airflow.

Alternatively you could but an aftermarket gpu cooler to reduce the temps. I didn't realise those xfx coolers were that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iamthepast

Nah, haven't needed to overclock it yet.

Case airflow should be okay, although the the dust filters on the front intake fan... I'll have to take off the fan to get at those.

I'll do that now and see if it makes a difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Iamthepast

Well that made a bit of a change over all, I tend to forget out there when cleaning cause you have to take off the entire front panelling of the Chassis to get it. Will game a wee bit later to see if it made any significant improvement.

u07vtlA.jpg

(Motherboard temp is a glitch there, should be 32-is rather than 118)

Advertisement