Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Ocean City 2014

Options
  • 25-08-2013 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, thinking about going to Ocean City in Maryland, and just wondering who else might be going in summer 2014, i hear its a lethal spot? I know its while early but i want to get everything sorted asap

Also if anyone has been there or knows anyone that has, can you tell me what its like with regards to.....well everything

holla back at me, cheers

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 shell_bell93

Hey Kev, I dont know if you got my last post as I was on another account be it got cancelled for some stupid reason anyways me and two of my friends are deffs going so if we get a place together it would be cheeper? Also we'll be like going out etc a lot so if thats your scene let us know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kev1991

Hiya, i'm torn between Ocean City and Chicago, got relatives in Chicago and have been in touch with a few ones there as well but i really dont know yet because Ocean City looks amazing and i know ones that were there last summer saying it was class. Need to get money gathered together first though if i'm going to be for anywhere haha. You got much sorted?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 shell_bell93

No we haven't sorted anything yet but like we're deffs going Ocean City so we're going to book flights over Christmas and then sort out our visas. Are you going over on your own or with friends? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 meadbh1993

Hey, myself and 5 of my mates (they're all lads) are heading there in june :) we have it booked and have our interview this week. Can yas let me know if yas hear about accommodation spots and stuff like that? Ahhh it's gonna be deadly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katie3433

Hey, so me and 2 friends (all girls) are heading to Ocean City his summer are looking for people to live with?? We know a bit about the place already as we know people who have gone before us :D .... O.C.2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 OC_2k14

Hey, myself and 2 friends (all guys} are going to be going to Ocean City this summer as well. Booking visas and flights soon, heard it's pretty ok to find a job but hard to get accommodation. We'd be looking for people to stay with as well Katie, Hint Hint. Would ye know where to start looking?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Would you need to be booking now or can you wait a while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Katie3433

OC_2k14 wrote: »
    Hey, myself and 2 friends (all guys} are going to be going to Ocean City this summer as well. Booking visas and flights soon, heard it's pretty ok to find a job but hard to get accommodation. We'd be looking for people to stay with as well Katie, Hint Hint. Would ye know where to start looking?
    We have all ours booked and are flying out at the end of may!! Oh great, that would be perfect!!? Well, we haven't got to that yet just looking for people to live with first. I was told that the best place to live would be below 20th street and those wont be available for booking until around March.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ben16

Hey, thinking about going there myself. Do I need a job lined up before I go? Only hear good things about it. Anyone been there before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aimee23

Hey myself and three others( all girls) are heading over to Ocean City this Summer and we are looking for people to live with? We have our flights booked and we know a bit about the place! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 hayyleyyyyy

Hey! There's 5 of us heading out to Ocean City this summer, 3 girls, 2 boys.. Looking for people to share accommodation with!
    I've already looked into places and sent out afew emails so if any one out there needs some people to share with, send me a message or look me up on facebook hayleysmcross@yahoo.com !

• Registered Users Posts: 2 conor1991

2 lads headin ocean city mid may lookin to share accomadation. Has anyone had their interview for the visa yet??

Hey! There's 5 of us heading out to Ocean City this summer, 3 girls, 2 boys.. Looking for people to share accommodation with!
    I've already looked into places and sent out afew emails so if any one out there needs some people to share with, send me a message or look me up on facebook hayleysmcross@yahoo.com !

Hey :D Myself and 5 mates who are all lads are heading there :) info on accommodation and people to share with would be great! Where are yous from? :) Look me up on Facebook, my name is Méadbh Keenan.. make sure to put the fada in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 hayyleyyyyy

meadbh1993 wrote: »
    Hey :D Myself and 5 mates who are all lads are heading there :) info on accommodation and people to share with would be great! Where are yous from? :) Look me up on Facebook, my name is Méadbh Keenan.. make sure to put the fada in :P

Oh that'd be perfect! Well myself my boyfriend and his friend are from Kildare, and then the two girls are my college housemates they're galway and mullingar! Where are yous from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skyryan99

hey guys, does anyone when the latest the j1's for ocean city can be booked, im afraid im after missing out :(

Oh that'd be perfect! Well myself my boyfriend and his friend are from Kildare, and then the two girls are my college housemates they're galway and mullingar! Where are yous from?

Found ya :) Chat to ya on fb :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 em1234

I was in Ocean City last Summer, best summer of my life! We had no accomadation booked before we went out but we did book a motel for 2 nights (would strongly recommend because there's a big holiday the end of may and it gets really expensive) It only took us 1 day to find a house anyways but this was after looking for 24 hours up and down the streets think its the only way really! You need to go and look at the house though because there was 14 of us (we were hoping for a 9/10 bed house) we got one house but when he was showing it the electricity went so we gave him 500 dollars deposit and went back the next day and the electricity still wasnt working so we just found another house! He wouldnt give us our money back! was a disaster! Name was Theo 2nd street! watch out for him! Jobs are no problem if your there once again the end of may, boardwalk is the ideal spot and theres plenty going once you get there early! would not panic about a job at all. 14 of us got them within 3 days..! if your not 21 you have a problem! well saying that there was 10 of us not 21 and its mostly house parties but they get shut down alot! gaurds are a disaster! they shut you down if like 20 ppl are in the house! it is really strict on i.d though and be careful about that! i went to new york at the end for a week and it was a totally different experience! got in everywhere was class! epoint travel centre is a lifesaver! you can buy an american phone there etc.. book your trips there aswell cause they give good deals! like 90 dollars fr a day trip to washington DC and they really look after ya! and to NY like 110 dollars or something? we got them down from JFK at the start and back up at the end :) hope that helps! oh ya below 12th stret is where most of the irish are without a doubht!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 emerboyce

Everyone add yourself to Ocean City MD J1 2014 group on facebook !

Everyone join Ocean City MD J1 2014 group on facebook!

Was there much talk of fake ID's for u21s when you were there?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kerrybyrne

might be going on a j1 on my own and im seriously considering Ocean City...does anyone know how strict they are on ID?

kerrybyrne wrote: »
    might be going on a j1 on my own and im seriously considering Ocean City...does anyone know how strict they are on ID?

Really really strict like they look for Irish passport and the j1 visa page inside

emerboyce wrote: »
    Was there much talk of fake ID's for u21s when you were there?

A few had them but for the Irish they looked for the passport with the j1 visa page inside they wouldn't accept age cards driver licenses or anything

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

Over 200 people on this Ocean City J1 2014 page. Has loads of great info. Add yourselves. <3
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/644472738951716/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mm5

Heyy guys, myself and another girl are thinking Ocean City for this summer as well but we're also now kinda thinking Cape Cod cos our flights are to Boston. We have til this Friday to change our flights to Washington to go to Ocean City... anyone any ideas?? Thaaanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Brid124

Well! Myself and 2 other girls are heading to ocean city at the end of May, just wondering if ye know much about accommodation and that?!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭eoins23456

So are most people heading with jobs and accommodation sorted or are they winging it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nsweeney

Hey guys, two lads are travelling to Ocean City on the 7th of June and were looking for a group to share accommodation with. If someone had accommodation already but were short a couple of people to fill the house that'd be handier! Give either of us a shout on this or PM us on facebook https://www.facebook.com/nathan.sweeney.129 if you're interested :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement