Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton t90xr problem

Options
  • 25-08-2013 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a t90xr shower. first off the warranty is gone by 2 years. The shower is fed from the water storage tank in the attic. Anyway shower turns on and pumps water. Say after a few seconds the sound from the shower will change and the water will go very hot and the pressure/flow of water from the shower will get weak. Then another few seconds later the sound will change again and the water flow will get a little strong but will be cold/luke warm.

is the shower on its way out? or is it a quick fix?
    Is it costly to fix?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

cianoc07 wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a t90xr shower. first off the warranty is gone by 2 years. The shower is fed from the water storage tank in the attic. Anyway shower turns on and pumps water. Say after a few seconds the sound from the shower will change and the water will go very hot and the pressure/flow of water from the shower will get weak. Then another few seconds later the sound will change again and the water flow will get a little strong but will be cold/luke warm.

Is it costly to fix?

Hard water area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kaputt

hi new to forum just thought id have a go
    the first thing i would check is the water feed make sure theirs no restrictions i mean a constant flow could well be air locked or partially blocked
    also take off cover and check filter white plastic circular point just after inlet can be opened by hand after that could be motor on the way out might be black soot inside cover
    or a scaled up heat ex-changer which you could take apart and clean both can be replaced anyway check online let me no if any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

cianoc07 wrote: »
    Hello,

Is it costly to fix?

Dirty inlet filter . Clean it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭cianoc07

yes we live in a hard water area with lots of limescale. I will have a go at the above! thanks lads! Il be in touch!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

Number 10 in the picture is the filter....Turn off the water and open it up.... You can open it with the water still on as there is a ball valve there that stops the water flowing out but if that fails you will get wet... Anyway take it out and give it a clean....
    also take the shower head off and let the hose fall down and turn on the shower and see if it works ok.... If it does then the shower head is blocked and causing the shower to run hot and cold.....
    Obviously do this with the filter placed back in......

Advertisement