Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats

Options
  • 25-08-2013 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

How many times can u repeat an exam?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Airhead21 wrote: »
    How many times can u repeat an exam?

Im on number 4, so dont think theres a limit. Just keep paying and they dont care

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The college rules state you can only sit the exam four times only (three repeats), after that you need permission from the registrar. But as above, it appears not to be enforced.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

im missing my last opportunity to sit an exam ( 3rd repeat ) because im not in ireland for the summer . I got into my next year as i have passed all my other modules to date . how do i go about trying to repeat my exam again ( for the 4th time seen as missing my 3rd one will count as 1) do i have to write to someone or can i just automatically pay again and sit it no bothers?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

im missing my last opportunity to sit an exam ( 3rd repeat ) because im not in ireland for the summer . I got into my next year as i have passed all my other modules to date . how do i go about trying to repeat my exam again ( for the 4th time seen as missing my 3rd one will count as 1) do i have to write to someone or can i just automatically pay again and sit it no bothers?

I'm a little confused. The repeats are over already and students return this coming week. Are you returning to college this week and you just want to find out about repeating the subject in the 2013/2014 academic year? If so, are you sure you can carry onto the next year in WIT carrying the failed subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭fairyribbon

im actually going on work placement for this semester coming .i hope i can continue :O ive passed everything else and am allowed to register so i presume i could sit the failed subject at the next sitting ?

• Advertisement

Don't think it would be an issue during work placement. But the whole issue about carrying subjects is best discussed with your course leader, just to straighten matters out. :)

Advertisement