Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inhaling Cigar Smoke

Options
  • 25-08-2013 5:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

I had a question for the cigar aficionados.

Do you inhale when you smoke cigars? Even just a little bit.

I am an ex smoker. Very heavy (40 benson per day). Anyway lately I have taken to smoking a cigar of an evening. Being an ex smoker I cant help but inhale. Not the hole drag obviously but just a little bit at the end.

Now I know this is a very slippery slope back to full on smoking so I am being very careful.

So do you inhale? Even just a little?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

I do not. Sometimes I can't help but do it incidentally, but it is never deliberate.

It probably helps that I was never a smoker of cigarettes. Part of the appeal of cigars to me is that it does not carry the same risks as cigarette smoking. To ensure that's the case I do not inhale, and I will never smoke 3 cigars or more a day, which seems to be acknowledged as the cut off where even non=inhaling cigar smoking carries significant health risks. In reality I will only ever smoke 2-3 cigars a week max, so I'm well under that threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I find myself increasingly doing this more often with both cigars and with the pipe.
    I wonder if this is something to do with having to smoke outdoors these days. In times past a herf would be in enclosed rooms and every breath was an inhalation of fuggy smoky air but now that most of my cigars are smoked out in the open I'm having to grab an extra nicotine hit by sucking in the tail end of the smoke?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement