Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

firefox not responding

Options
  • 25-08-2013 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but my laptop has gotten really slow and almost all the time when I open up my browser.. for a few minuits I get "firefox not responding"
    I would appreciate any advice as I am not a teckie:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭gubby

Anyone??? works fine on my desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Download and run CCleaner - Preferably tick every box all the way down except passwords (If you want your laptop to remember them) and except wipe free space.

Just click "OK" on any popups that query you after you tick them.

Download and run malwarebytes

Maybe you need more ram, maybe you need to clean the PC.
    Maybe you have software slowing down your PC.

Could be loads of things, but the two above will help start.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Gormal

Clear the cache in firefox, it stops responding when surfing when its full. but if your laptop is slow then it needs a spring clean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

Also install Xmarks and LastPass for Firefox on your desktop (from the Tools>Add-Ons in the menu) This will let you sync all your bookmarks and passwords from Firefox. When you get your laptop running right again install it there too and your bookmarks and passwords will sync with the desktop.

Advertisement