Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Sims, is it suitable?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Hi there, not sure if I'm in the right place..move it if you need to!

I have a Sony Vaio which I bought in 2009 and it's great.

I've played all The Sims on my Nintendo DS over the years but because The Sims 4 will be out soon, I am eager to play that on my laptop.

In fact, I'd be interested in playing all the Sims on my laptop, but I'm not sure if my laptop is suitable?

I'm not very techinally minded when it comes to what's required..

Also, are the Sims for PC the same gameplay as the one on the Nintendo?
    Or is it completely different?

I hope I'm not being too vague! Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MrShivers

It would really help if you gave us either the specs of the laptop or the model number or even better, both.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

MrShivers wrote: »
    It would really help if you gave us either the specs of the laptop or the model number or even better, both.

Oh sure, no problem!

Model number is: VGN-NW20EF

Sorry, I'm not great at all this stuff!

Is it something along the lines of this? http://www.sony.ie/product/vn-nw-series/vgn-nw20ef-p

If that's the case then I think that you would not be able to run the new sims on it. I'm not the the god of computers either so I would appreciate another Boardsie to come along and hopefully say otherwise. Fingers crossed mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sims games wouldnt be the most intensive but your laptop would still be on the old side so even if it does run the next sims game it might not run it very well.
    You can pick up the Sims 3 as part of the current humble bundle for less then €5 so thatd be a good benchmark to see how your laptop is holding up (and sims 4 isnt out until next year anyway)

Sims 3 isn't the most intensive game at all to run and this article I just found could be good news. http://uk.gamespot.com/gamescom/maxis-sims-4-will-run-better-on-lower-end-machines-than-sims-3-6413584/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Not a hope it will run The Sims 4 when its out next year as your laptop will be 5 years old at this stage and even with a desktop of the same age you will find it hard with ok specs to run it

As my self i have the sims 3 on my 2 year old Macbook Pro can just about play the game on the middle settings

You best best if you wont to play it is to wait to get a new Laptop at the time of when the Sims 4 comes out for the PC so you will know what specs the game needs to run at the time as it is still a mastery of what specs you will need

But i the mean time pick your self up this deal
    https://www.humblebundle.com

You can get your self the sims 3 for about €4.20 and you wont find it anywhere cheaper. As if your laptop can run it your shorted for a while

The main problem is that we don't have the minimum requirements for running Sims 4 yet and we have to guesstimate. Truthfully I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Brilliant, thanks for the replies everyone!
    I'll get The Sims 3 I think.

So is it a lot different than playing on the Nintendo DS?
    What I mean is..is there more/better content playing on a computer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

fussyonion wrote: »
    Brilliant, thanks for the replies everyone!
    I'll get The Sims 3 I think.

So is it a lot different than playing on the Nintendo DS?
    What I mean is..is there more/better content playing on a computer?

Played the sims 2 years ago on the DS and I will say its a totally different game like on the DS you has tasks to do there notting like the ones you will be doing on the PC just getting your sims wishs and dreams done and that's it

You will have 100% control over the building of the house and placing of items around the place.

You can have and make and basicly do anything with your family

Controls on the PC are all point and click with your mouse on like the DS where you would have been useing the control pad

Like the PC game is so much better then the DS game just basicly you can so what ever you won't and build what ever you won't

Played the sims 2 years ago on the DS and I will say its a totally different game like on the DS you has tasks to do there notting like the ones you will be doing on the PC just getting your sims wishs and dreams done and that's it

You will have 100% control over the building of the house and placing of items around the place.

You can have and make and basicly do anything with your family

Controls on the PC are all point and click with your mouse on like the DS where you would have been useing the control pad

Like the PC game is so much better then the DS game just basicly you can so what ever you won't and build what ever you won't

Fab, that's what I wanted to know..sounds great! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Completely different game. Tonnes more things to do in the PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Just so you know your laptop may not run the Sims 3, check a site called Can you run it first. It was linked by another poster above.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I misunderstood the title, but It should still be pointed out : there's a lot more riding (well, "woohoo") in the PC version of the Sims.

Advertisement