Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facebook 'events' ... tells everyone where you are?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

If I accept an invite on Facebook call all my friends see where I am when the event is on? Is this a bit of a privacy breach.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭todders

If I accept an invite on Facebook call all my friends see where I am when the event is on? Is this a bit of a privacy breach.....

Only if you feel the need to be private about the top secret exclusive events you are going to. I wouldn't really care

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Its a public website and you are publicly accepting an invite to an event. This has nothing to do with a privacy breach.

If you dont want all your friends to see where you are just dont accept. Simples....

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't accept and go anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭Sir Humphrey Appleby

biko wrote: »
    Don't accept and go anyway.

Accept and don't go!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

Accept and don't go!:D

Set up a rival event and then don't go to either :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If you want privacy Facebook is not the site for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭justforlaugh

joining a free website like facebook don't give a feck about your privacy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭123balltv

If you want privacy .... delete

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement