Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I overpriced this?

Options
  • 25-08-2013 8:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Firstly I just want to get a quick apology to the mods about the ad I linked to on the marketplace forum on friday, I didnt see the part of the charter that specified 100+ post needed. (stupid mobile web browser)

Anyways just wanted to get a few opinions from the experts on this forum about an advert I have listed on adverts.ie that isnt getting a bite at all.

I do have it priced high at 120, now clearly this is more than what I would actually take for it but I am just trying to avoid silly lowball offers while still encouraging sensible ones, I have sold (and bought) many items on adverts.ie this way and have a good feedback score with some very positive comments left for me...

So is this just a case of me grossly misjudging its value? I'm big enough to accept if I have and would drop the price, so what do you guys think? I wouldnt normally sell this kind of thing so I could be way off on the price..

Im not going to directly link to it here but its a 16 bit console boxed with lots of original accesories, located in mayo and is normally associated with a blue hedgehog...

Any suggestions/thoughts would be appriciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just to say, there is a thread here specifically for links to sales and auctions, anyone can post there.

And while I appreciate the concern about your pricing, please remember that any suggestion of the forum proper being used for attracting interest, outside of the aforementioned thread and the marketplace, will result in thread deletion and censure.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Rest assured I'm not trying to flog it on this forum, I was more interested in what other users thought of my pricing.

Are you saying that I can link directly to my own ad in the auction links? If so I may be better posting in there, at least other users can actually check the ad out and give me their opinion...

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

I don't think your starting price is ott, I would say if ya got between 80 and 100 that would be a fair amount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's worth about €80/€90 I'd say. I sold one exactly the same a while back, mint box & console etc, no game, for €60ish

Thanks guys, I did check out what they were selling at before I listed the ad and was thinking the exact same. Always good to get a second (and third!) opinion though!

• Advertisement

Thanks guys, I did check out what they were selling at before I listed the ad and was thinking the exact same. Always good to get a second (and third!) opinion though!

The only really proper way to gauge price, is to check ebays completed listings. Checking current auction prices won't give you an accurate reflection, some sellers can be way off

I was actually checking adverts.ie, I figured it was the best yardstick....Used to do a lot on fleabay back in the day but to many messers timewasters and scammers these days..

I was actually checking adverts.ie, I figured it was the best yardstick....

God no, there's a lot of seriously optimistic pricing going on on Adverts, we have a Dreamers thread actually to post the mad prices in. Most adverts sellers seem to think just because something is old, it's worth loads

Well I shall keep an eye on the dreamers thread, if my ad pops up on there then I will know its time to rethink the price :D

Advertisement