Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying up all night now..

Options
  • 25-08-2013 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

****ing neighbours are having a party up the road. I'v had no choice but to stay up and keep an eye on the cars. Last time they had a party a few of the scumbags attending wrecked several cars (including mine). Everytime I hear the little ****ers walk up and down the road I get my hurley ready for them :mad::pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30,731 ✭✭✭✭princess-lala

Or just dial 999

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

Or just dial 999

Em, what's the emergency???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Either go join them or move your car.

Go back to sleep. You are worse than my mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I guess if they've a track record, you might as well stay up all night. Could get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭downonthefarm

give them a load of green rolexes that should quieten them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Or just dial 112

fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Blast this back at them (louder than their music):

post results

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Or just dial 999

Is it 999 cause it rhymes with crime?

You could park your car somewhere else that it would be safe for the night and go to sleep!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

carzony wrote: »
    ****ing neighbours are having a party up the road. I'v had no choice but to stay up and keep an eye on the cars. Last time they had a party a few of the scumbags attending wrecked several cars (including mine). Everytime I hear the little ****ers walk up and down the road I get my hurley ready for them :mad::pac:

Video camera out the window, long play. Bed.

Although i prefer Clandestines option. As loud as possible. :D

EDIT:

It'd also make a pretty cool custom car alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mishwish

i work for a major insurance company in ireland as a customer service agent. stay up as long as u can.tape and record all u can.u will be liable for damage and your bonus will be affected unless u prove otherwise.it is impossible to prove otherwise unless u have proof. call the guards if u have to. if they are too loud they could be caught for disturbing the peace.your nit picking, your loosing sleep over idiots.i know i wouldnt stand for that.im 23 and u can say "i sound like your mother" but i dont put up with reckless assholes :) i know how to go mad without damaging other people property ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

mishwish wrote: »
    i work for a major insurance company in ireland as a customer service agent. stay up as long as u can.tape and record all u can.u will be liable for damage and your bonus will be affected unless u prove otherwise.it is impossible to prove otherwise unless u have proof. call the guards if u have to. if they are too loud they could be caught for disturbing the peace.your nit picking, your loosing sleep over idiots.i know i wouldnt stand for that.im 23 and u can say "i sound like your mother" but i dont put up with reckless assholes :) i know how to go mad without damaging other people property ;)

You know how annoying it is when people type in all caps...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

unf, unf, unf, unf, yeah deadly!

jaxdasher wrote: »
    You know how annoying it is when people type in all caps...

i know its just as annoying when people type in all lower case :) thid is for u hun --> x <-- a great big lower case kiss

give them a load of green rolexes that should quieten them

;)

Here's where that dodgy bastard who kept referring to stepback simply as 'bonus protection' becomes a problem (or who neglected to mention the €500 voluntary excess they popped on to get the price down). Not blaming you, but I'm pretty sure you must hate half the people in new business.

Also it depends on the underwriter, those that share names with European cities tend to be really good with payouts, others who work with Lloyds, or have a 'brokerage' that only sells their product, no so much. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭my my my

ya and **** the land commission

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Thrash the car yourself and get some sleep

Billy86 wrote: »
    Here's where that dodgy bastard who kept referring to stepback simply as 'bonus protection' becomes a problem (or who neglected to mention the €500 voluntary excess they popped on to get the price down). Not blaming you, but I'm pretty sure you must hate half the people in newo business.

Also it depends on the underwriter, those that share names with European cities tend to be really good with payouts, others who work with Lloyds, or have a 'brokerage' that only sells their product, no so much. :p

im afraid im customer service but i can tell you our standard excess is 300. all insuance companies are legally obliged to give u all details of your policy and cover before u pay and if u pay up front over the phone before u get this document u are given a cooling off period of two weeks ( were u can cancel the policy for no charge whatsoever) the company i work for clearly outlines this in all our new business quote. if you have had an issue with your company then u may of been mis sold something.u are entitled to request all calls u have made to the company and that they have made to u.u only signed up to what u agreed to.if i were u i wouldnt bend over ;)

im afraid im customer service but i can tell you our standard excess is 300. all insuance companies are legally obliged to give u all details of your policy and cover before u pay and if u pay up front over the phone before u get this document u are given a cooling off period of two weeks ( were u can cancel the policy for no charge whatsoever) the company i work for clearly outlines this in all our new business quote. if you have had an issue with your company then u may of been mis sold something.u are entitled to request all calls u have made to the company and that they have made to u.u only signed up to what u agreed to.if i were u i wouldnt bend over ;)
    No, not at all - I've actually worked in new business home and motor for a few different companies, I'm just not one of the dodgy ones haha. Trust me, the amount of times other people on the floor have used lines like "you've got your bonus protection" when it's only step-back, or referred to voluntary ADDITIONAL excesses as 'voluntary excess' *. Cooling off period is also manipulated by a number of companies - one I worked for recently charged €25 as admin on top of the pro-rata, and I know of a few other companies that reportedly do as well. The customer also does not have the right to listen to calls, they go to the ombudsman and the option to release to the customer is entirely discretionary on the shoulders of the company themselves.

*Most companies themselves are really bad for this too, failing to mention 'additional' anywhere online through the whole web-quote process, even in the Ts & Cs, and assumptions.

It's a murky, murky industry full of grey areas basically, and while whoever you work for may be one of the 'good' ones, there are so many companies that will point-blank tell their customers that whatever favours their side is fact and regulation, when this is not the case. Like how if a brokerage doesn't have the power to mirror bonuses in the event of a second car, they will tell the customer that NOBODY will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭theSHU

my my my wrote: »
    ya and **** the land commission

Ya and **** Kyle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

i work for a major insurance company in ireland as a customer service agent. stay up as long as u can.tape and record all u can.u will be liable for damage and your bonus will be affected unless u prove otherwise.

That's the thing that worries me. My car was destroyed last year and I ended up having to get the damage done out of my own pocket because I didn't want it to affect my insurance.. I'm a young driver their screwing me over as it is :rolleyes:

Luckily, It was raining last night so they stayed in the house. The Garda can't do anything unless a crime is committed and even then their useless :o

Advertisement