Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Puppeteer (PS3)

Options
  • 24-08-2013 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭

I've been following this game for a while and very much looking forward to playing it. The demo came out on Wednesday but thanks to a combination of it's frankly ridiculous file size (5GB+) and slow PSN download speeds I've only just gotten to play it.

I have to say it has left me disappointed. On the plus side the games visuals are amazing. The art style is excellent and the execution of the theatre asthetic is flawles. I especially love the crowd reactions to your actions.

Funnily enough it is that strong replication of the theatre experience that for me was the big drawback. The demo is so broken up into little scenes that there is no momentum or flow. Also each segment takes place on the stage that is only the width of the screen. I'm sure later levels will expand on that and that these levels in the demo were more tutorials than real levels.

In the end it is a very poor demo and I will have to wait to read some impressions of the full game before buying.

Anyone else play it? What did you think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Had my eye on this game since i seen it on e3.

Just got done with the demo and its so weird its interesting.

This is the reason why i love scej , they are so creative and its always refreshing what the studio comes up with next.

I will be buying this when it comes out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Try plugging your PS3 in via Ethernet cable & open ports on your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 NathanDrake

Loved the demo, pre-ordered straight after too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Getting positive reviews but i feel its going to be a sleeper hit

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/puppeteer/critic-reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

This is reduced to 16.99 on Amazon UK black Friday sale, until 4.15pm today, although it's currently 74% claimed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

watch from 2:25 - 3:20

love this game :D:p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

just played the first part of act 1. Very easy, not that much fun and feels like a cheap psn game but i'll give it a bit longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

nah. tried to like this game but not doing it for me. Visually amazing but too muany cutscenes and controllign Katuro is quite difficult too. Going to sell/trade it now. Funnily Hmv and smyths won't take it at all.

Advertisement