Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annamoe trout fishery

Options
  • 24-08-2013 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was going to laois Angling center but couldn't so im thinking of going to Annamoe Trout fishery,I was wondering whats the prices for a adult and a teen (I asked them on facebook but they said a junoir pond!! He is'nt a junoir he knows his fishing)on the main lake and can we keep fish? Would you guys recommend this fishery?whats the best technique Floating or sinking line? Best flies/spot I have two rod
    -Sage Zxl 4 weight for Dry flies,Nymphs,wets
    -Grey xflite 6 weight for lures.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭gumbo1

Was up there a few weeks ago, very productive and some nice rainbows in the main lake! Sinking line with white boobies or blobs with a shimmer! Try at the kind of elbow on the left casting towards the lodge.
    Bring warm clothes!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Didn't think that place was still going.
    Any decent size rainbows in it?
    Is there anywhere that has browns in it instead of rainbows?
    I find rainbows to be boring fighters after a minute where as browns seem to continue scrapping and saying this as a person with a pb rainbow of 17 lbs

ha ha I don't go to rainbow trout fishery's really.... that's some fish 17lb!!
    here is one: http://www.eclipseireland.com/discover/adventure-activities/lake-and-river-fishing/brown-trout-fishing
    Yes there's a some nice rainbows in it.

17lb and fought sh1t aswell.
    Gave about 5 good runs and then was like fighting a wet sack.
    2 lb wild browny would've fought harder.

• Advertisement

where did you catch that rainbow?

where did you catch that rainbow?

In Corkagh park clondalkin
    Back when the lake was actually being looked after.

I Was looking at Southern County Any good Which would be better annamoe or southern county?

Advertisement