Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Fish Games

Options
  • 24-08-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭

So a few months ago a friend purchased a game from big fish games for 2 or 3 euro using my card....anyway somewhere in the whole process i ended up signing up to their "game club" which charges your account 6.99 every month. I had no idea about this and it seems to happen commonly enough to people. It's an opt out situation and as far as i know its written in the terms and conditions that you must go and unsub from the membership club after you make your purchase if you dont want to be charged. There definitely was no box i had to tick to opt in to it or a clear indication that i had subbed to them. I never got any emails from them saying i was going to be charged monthly, i only discovered this after looking at my bank statements. When i unsubbed and asked for my reasons for leaving they even had a "i was unaware i was being charged 6.99 a month" box you could tick.

Anyway i got in contact with them and explained the situation and asked for a refund. I have heard nothing yet and apparently they are notorious for ignoring people who come to them with this complaint. They have a live chat that you can contact them through but ironically you have to be a game club member to use it :rolleyes:

So anyone else find themselves in this situation and is there even anything i can do about it? I know technically it's my fault for not reading the terms and conditions but really it seemed like they go out of their way to hide this from you. I appreciate any help you can give me :)

Advertisement