Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Christianity and it's beliefs on investigating the paranormal

• 24-08-2013 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭✭ LiberateYa

Why do religions like Christianity denominations refer to research into the paranormal as evil etc ? like i read about Christians who believe it's inviting evil to those to do things like go ghost hunting etc and even some who think it's doing the devils work etc
    ( obv not all Christians go on like that, its usually the more strict religious or strict fundamentalist type ) but wheres the basis for such beliefs ? when there are Christian priests, etc who work as exorcists etc
    What's your opinion of this ?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 Oryx

Some religions only want you to access god (ie 'the other side') through them. Its a control thing. Therefore they denounce as evil any other means of spirit contact. What better way of preventing people finding their own understanding of such things than through fear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭ Johnny Be Goode

Hi there! There is a book called 'Deliverance' written by The Christian Deliverance Study Group in UK which I understand was written as a textbook for Anglican Church lay and non lay people who come across paranormal. Common sense approach which is probably the foundations for any good paranormal investigators. I am not promoting this book but I'm guessing that reading it would help answer your question ... Johnny Be Goode

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ faceman

Have a read of The Rite. It's about exorcism but offers some insight. I don't agree that it's about control

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 Kettleson

I like to think its about protection. But I'm not kidding myself, it's about control.

Check out these little apples.

http://www.followthissite.com/list-of-sins.php

Advertisement