Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Week 33 - Baked Oreo Cheesecake

Options
  • 24-08-2013 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭

I found this recipe recently, and it makes quite a nice cheesecake, Hope you all enjoy.

You Will Need
    750g Philadelphia Cheese (I used light because it was in the fridge)
    24 Oreo Biscuits (There are 14 in a pack)
    150g Caster Sugar
    3 Large Eggs
    50g Butter (melted)
    5ml Vanilla Essence

null_zpse81dab4e.jpg

Equipment
    9 inch Round Springform Tin
    Food Processor (or a bag and Rolling Pin)
    Bowl
    Whisk

null_zps072df6ba.jpg

Preheat the oven to 170c (or 180c if you dont have a fan oven)

Step 1

Put 16 of the cookies into a food processor with the melted butter and blitz until you have a fine powder.

Put into the springform tin and press in firmly

null_zpse8b07cde.jpg

Step 2

In a mixing bowl, mix the sugar, vanilla and cream cheese until well combined. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing all the time, until you have a smooth mixture.

null_zpsfe72e451.jpg

null_zps81fafa46.jpg

Step 3

Chop the remaining 8 cookies roughly (leave them chunky)

null_zpsaeeacf58.jpg

Step 4

Mix half of the cookies into the mixture

null_zpseee6a250.jpg

Step 5

Add the mix to the tin, and top with the remaining cookies

null_zps1e43dee2.jpg

Step 6

Bake for 40-45 minutes at 170c, until the cheesecake is just set in the middle

Step 7

Cool the cheesecake, then chill for 3 hours, or overnight

Step 8

Enjoy!! (Store any leftovers in the fridge)

null_zps68264132.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

looks good, I have tried tried a baked cheesecake before so I may attempt this one next week

Thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Omg that looks amazing! I an certainly going to have to try this....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,498 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got up this morning and was in the gym by 8:30. Did a squat, bench and pullup session and promptly walked across the carpark to Dunnes to buy two boxes of Oreos. Well done Mr Simpson, you made me look like a right hypocrite :pac:

268993.jpg

Very tasty. The base fell off when I moved it to the plate above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

Followed by bicep curls of lifting fork to mouth.
    That looks yum LordChessington

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Looks great. I love cheesecake,but have never attempted making it for some reason.

That reason has now gone. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,124 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Very tasty. Not as sweet as the non-bake lemon cheesecakes my mother makes, but that just means you can eat more of it, yeah? :p

Like LordChessington, I exercised first by going out for a 70km spin on my bike. Knowing what was in the fridge was great motivation!

87mLVr.jpg

I tried SuperValu, Dunnes, and Tesco looking for the rectangular blocks of Philadelphia and I couldn't find them. I guess you can only get it in tubs now? If anyone is looking, Tesco have to 300g tubs reduced to €2 and the 200g tubs down to €1.50 at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Tesco have to 300g tubs reduced to €2 and the 200g tubs down to €1.50 at the moment.

Don't bother about Philly, just get the generic cream cheese in Tesco for 75c. Tastes the same.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Don't bother about Philly, just get the generic cream cheese in Tesco for 75c. Tastes the same.

Actually, the make up of generic cream cheeses is different and they're not as thick. They might not set as well and they melt more easily. Full fat Philly is what you should always aim to use if possible. It's one area where it's definitely worth using the brand for better results :).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And Aldi have it also, in full fat or light for about 69c, I've used them since I started making Cheesecakes about 2 years ago and they've always been 100% no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Faith wrote: »
    Actually, the make up of generic cream cheeses is different and they're not as thick. They might not set as well and they melt more easily. Full fat Philly is what you should always aim to use if possible. It's one area where it's definitely worth using the brand for better results :).

I've used both and they both taste the same in a cheesecake, baked or otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Me too, I switched to tesco cream cheese and its turned out the same as using philly, anyways thanks for this recipe, i shall try it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭dipdip

Faith wrote: »

I agree Faith, on two occasions I used generic cream cheese and to my bafflement everything went watery.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

vicwatson wrote: »
    And Aldi have it also, in full fat or light for about 69c, I've used them since I started making Cheesecakes about 2 years ago and they've always been 100% no problem.

They also have their own take on oreos which work just as good in this, I used their cream cheese, and their oreos - thanks for the recipe OP :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I made it with Lidl cream cheese and "Oreos", and it worked perfectly. Tasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Sounds delicious.

Only "downside" is that you've got to eat it within a few days. Otherwise the Oreos on top go soft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

LD 50 wrote: »
    Sounds delicious.

Only "downside" is that you've got to eat it within a few days. Otherwise the Oreos on top go soft.

It didnt last long enough in my house for that to happen :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Cheers OP

2ql935w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Made this tonight as my contribution to a big Christmas dinner party tomorrow and made a mini one for family to taste :) it was yumm and you only need a small slice so I think it will go far :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭jt69er

Yum

Advertisement