Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Code Kata's, anyone do them?

Options
  • 24-08-2013 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

As the title suggests, just trying to gauge if this type of exercise is something that many pro's hold stock in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭done4now

I was in support and looking for a development role and I used them when I couldnt think of anything to code up. Good to keep your skills up and thinking about programming.

I used http://codekata.pragprog.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

They're quite a good idea for when you change want you're doing - like for example if I've been doing mostly database work for a while and then know I'm going to be doing some UI work next week a couple of appropriate kata to get the brain in the right mode is a good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Jonny Blaze

Cheers folks.

Yeah that's the one I was looking at too. Some of them are right noodle scratchers though!

Advertisement