Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal Loan Guarantor

Options
  • 24-08-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

Recently declined a personal loan from BOI. I became self employed about 6 months ago which is the reason they cited for turning me down.

I had asked if having a guarantor on the loan would help, but they say that facility is only open to student loans, and that my only other option would be a joint application with someone in receipt of a regular income from a company. Although my income is quite regular and is sufficient for the size of loan I'm looking for, its the fact it hasn't been coming in long enough as self employed. I didn't think having a guarantor was exclusive to student loans, so I'm wondering is this just BOI?

Would another bank be open to the idea of a guarantor on the loan?

Any advice would be appreciated

Advertisement