Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of files to new GP

Options
  • 24-08-2013 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,685 ✭✭✭

The story here is since I've moved to Santry I've been using the same practice in a particular shopping centre. I do not have any sense of continuity of care, it has been a series of locums working for the principal, who sits in the office examining other case files (for insurance companies cherringggg). What is the best way to change doctors making sure case details are transferred efficiently?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Generally, all that happens with a record transfer is anything they still have on paper is posted over, a summary sheet (allergies, medical history, current drugs etc) is printed from the PMR (if they have computers at all) and any scans on the PMR are printed off. This is pretty standard. Your new GP will get you to sign a form asking for a transfer and usually they'll handle it, otherwise you may have to post or drop it in.

If you've anything specific/particular you want to transfer you may want to make this clear to the new GP so they can explicitly request it.

Advertisement