Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treats for boy starting secondary school

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all:

My nephew is starting secondary school this year. His parents will buy the essentials, but I'd like to get him some treats.

What are the "cool" things for kids that age to have?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You could get him an up to date smart phone.
    I also found that a lot of guys I went to school with liked to have a popular coat/jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 BrooklynSmith

Clothes wise i'd say anything from Hollister/Abercrombie (also good for things like cologne)
    Lynx is always popular.
    Vans and Converse always go down well but it really depends how much your willing to spend as they are around €50.
    An itunes gift card maybe if he has an ipod or if his school allows them to go out for lunch maybe a gift card for a local subway,mcdonalds etc. :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Has he got a backpack or have his eye on one?
    Depends on what your budget is I think. Itunes voucher always good and like the idea of a Subway etc voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lezflano

I'm just turning Sixteen and am In 4th year,Best thing you can give him is money in all fairness that's what most teens need,Whether he spends it on lunch or new clothes/Games Whatever,Good gift either way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Tbh all a teenage wants is cash. I have clothes from family members with the tags on them, as I never liked them. Most teenagers find gift vouchers fairly thoughtless so don't bother with them.

Unless you plan on getting them an iPhone or galaxy s4. Cash is the best thing by far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement