Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query.

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭

Went back to the last page on AH (June 99) and all the threads seem to have been locked pretty much straight away,maybe one or two replies.Just wondering why?
    There's also a thread for hangover cures.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Caus people think theyre being funny by bumping them 14 years later.
    Theyre not.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,417 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Keith wrote: »
    Caus people think theyre being funny by bumping them 14 years later.
    Theyre not.

Ahh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

To be honest, there hasn't been an original thread started in the last ~8 years. If they didn't lock the old ones and encourage repeats, we'd all be sitting here in silence.

Quick - someone make a thread about immigrants, the dole, public workers, things that annoy you, or why you love (or hate) Ireland!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

UCDVet wrote: »
    To be honest, there hasn't been an original thread started in the last ~8 years. If they didn't lock the old ones and encourage repeats, we'd all be sitting here in silence.

Quick - someone make a thread about immigrants, the dole, public workers, things that annoy you, or why you love (or hate) Ireland!
    In fairness now, we had a great one about a guy who wanted his bag to have it's own seat on the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I'm not a regular poster, but...have there been many threads about what your elbows taste like? (Or whether you'll ever find out?)

I always think my elbows would have a touch of cinnamon, but I don't know what the main flavour would be...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

'99 isn't 14 years ago :eek:

...oh....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Could be something to do with the Millenium Bug.

It was blamed for all sorts of things back then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Lucyfur wrote: »
    '99 isn't 14 years ago :eek:

...oh....

Hah, you are old.
    :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hah, you are old.
    I thought the same. Oh wait... Feck off!:mad::pac:

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

There's been plenty of original threads. This one for instance. I can't remember anything similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hah, you are old.

True story, bro

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

There's been plenty of original threads. This one for instance. I can't remember anything similar.

I think this proves my point....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055328387
    Auto-locking old threads?
    I've seen a couple of other forums where threads that have had no replies in a set time e.g. a month or whatever, are automatically closed.

Seeing as mods in certain forums on here, AH and Motors to name but two in particular, take umbrage to old threads being resurrected and usually close the thread even if the new post is on-topic, any thoughts on having a similar thing on boards if it's in the software?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

That one is more a software question whilst this thread is a more general question.

Advertisement