Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NOOB :)

Options
  • 23-08-2013 8:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7

Okay, so basically I'm really interested in comics and have visited the comic stores in my area frequently and have bought a few but I really want to start collecting seriously but have no idea how to begin. I want to start off with batman which may sound really stupid to all you serious collectors out there but I do not know what category to chose. Little help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

There's a really nice story arc to start with out now in the main Batman title by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. The arc is called "Zero Year" and it's a 12 month long arc detailing a very rough and rookie Batman and it's only three issues in so far. It's released monthly so wouldn't hurt your pocket too much. If you ask your local comic store they should easily have those first few issues for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Snyder's stuff is really good. You could also pick up where the new 52 came in and read court of owls. It finished a while ago and you can probably pick it up in trade form which is a lot cheaper than buying every issue

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 PikachuSmosher

Thanks so much I will try your suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Hey there PikachuSmosher, you can pick up collections on eBay sometimes for very cheap, that way you can get a wide range of stuff that you might never think of and through exploring them you can find some really great stuff. Keep your eyes on adverts/gumtree etc. and you can get all sorts of stuff.

Advertisement