Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Youth Work

Options
  • 23-08-2013 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So, I'm 17 years old, male and doing my Leaving next year. Here's what I know:
    • I really like working with kids and teens. I've done so on a voluntary basis a bit and really enjoy it.
    • I think that psychology is very interesting.
    • I love sport and sports psychology seems like an obvious option, but I really want to do the youth stuff.

The main thing is the youth work. I'm talking about counselling, running youth groups, etc. So, what are the courses, qualifications, etc. I should do, and more importantly, what jobs are there!!!???

Also, anyone who does youth work, what do you do? What is it? How is it? I just want to find out what the options are and get as many opinions as possible.

EDIT: Just thought I'd note, the work I've done has been voluntary work with disadvantaged kids and teenagers.

Comments

Advertisement