Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Xperia E not connecting to WiFi

Options
  • 23-08-2013 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got a Sony Xperia E yesterday for my son & it wont connect to my home Wi-Fi.
    Seems like this is a problem all over the net but the Sony forums are read only for 2 weeks, handily enough...

I have an oldish Netopia router with Vodafone. I have updated the firmware on this to the latest version and no improvement.
    I have set my mobile up as a wireless router using my home broadband and the phone connects to my phone with no problem at all.
    I have changed security on it from WEP to WPA to None and it still cant connect.

Any thoughts?

And if this doesnt work, is it reason enough that carphone warehouse would swap for another phone at a similar price?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dsrm254

I was bought a Sony Xperia E recently as a present and I've been using fairly constantly since that with no issues.
    Yesterday the phone suddenly stopped connecting to my home wifi (Netopia router, Vodafone network)
    5 other phones (Samsung pocket neo, galaxy ace, galaxy mini II and 2 galaxy SIII) and my laptop also SONY all still connecting no problem...
    Seems to be a common issue, any way i can fix this because I can't return the phone as it was a gift and I wasn't given the receipt? :(

Also won't let me connect to network internet (O2) since it stopped connecting to wifi.. All the settings are exactly as they were when it was connecting so not sure how it just stopped working? :confused:

Advertisement