Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing off a boat, how much can i keep

Options
  • 23-08-2013 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I have a boat and we often fish off it. We fish off the coast of cork/munster mainly mackerel. I was just wondering how many fish can i keep?
    I hear you can get prosecuted if you catch large quantities which is only fair.

Also can i sell this fish locally then?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

cianoc07 wrote: »
    I have a boat and we often fish off it. We fish off the coast of cork/munster mainly mackerel. I was just wondering how many fish can i keep?
    I hear you can get prosecuted if you catch large quantities which is only fair.

Also can i sell this fish locally then?

As far as I know.....to sell anything on the roadside or door to door you need to apply for a casual traders licence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

You really need to ask the Sea Fisheries Protection Authority - there are regulations about commercial fishing and hygiene etc when selling fish. AFAIK you can keep as much as you want, but if you're catching fish to sell you would have to be a licensed commercial fisherman.

Advertisement