Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Present?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi not sure of this is the right place for this, if not sorry.
    I have a hen party coming up in the next couple of months, a good friend of mine. Her hen is a night away in a nice hotel, 3 course dinner, cocktails all the usual stuff. The thing is the bride turns 30 the day after the hen what kind of present should I get her? Money is a little tight obviously the hen will cost a bit and I'm also going to the wedding and will of course be giving a present then. Advice please?? Thanks all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭Rosy Posy

You don't need to spend a lot to make a nice thoughtful gift for her. Why not make her a photo album/scrapbook and get lots of people to contribute, and maybe write some captions or comments. If you've known her since the pre-digital camera/facebook days and can dig out childhood photos and memories that can be a really special gift that doesn't have to cost a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Hi OP,

I've moved your post to the appropriate forum, you'll get better answers here :)

Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I love the idea of a photo album, if you sign up on photobox.ie for their newsletter they always send out discounts. You could do it with just your photos or get mutual friends to send you photos. Without meaning to be sappy time together is the best gift, she'll really appreciate you being there for her hen and marking her 30th.

You could also treat her to a meal out, go for an early bird that doesn't break the bank!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

If there's a spa in the hotel you could get her a facial/massage/other relaxing treatment for the morning after the hen party, we did this as a group on a hen I went to a couple of years ago but would also be a nice treat just for the bride.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭PennyWren

Thanks folks :) scrap book is a lovely idea

• Advertisement
Advertisement