Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grooming my Bernese Mountain Dog

Options
  • 23-08-2013 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone I have a 7 month old Bernese and already he needs quite a bit of grooming as he is always outside.Im just wondering what would be the best and most cost effective tools for grooming him.Thanks.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I envy you, they are stunning dogs:)

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I got one of these a few months ago and it's great for getting twigs and leaves out of medium length thick fur. It gets all the loose fur out as well. :)

http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_grooming_care/combs_brushes/metal_toothed_combs/129857

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ckvet

Hi Irish Girl 123, the bluecherry74 sugestion is good....but you should start to take her to a professional groomer to get used to, the tools they use is always better then the one we can use at home, specially about open the hair and avoid matt.
    I have one st. bernard 5 months and he used to be groomed once a month, then I can keep his hair in good condition and his skin far away from skin problems.

Advertisement