Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ESL in S.Korea

• 23-08-2013 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Has anyone heard of or used ESL4Korea?

Any further information and help will be appreciated :) Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Caonima

Nope, but it seems like an identikit recruitment website to the hoards that advertise jobs in the most boring country in the world (sorry, I worked there, it's terrible). Give it a shot; seems like lots of jobs available on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Caonima wrote: »
    Nope, but it seems like an identikit recruitment website to the hoards that advertise jobs in the most boring country in the world (sorry, I worked there, it's terrible). Give it a shot; seems like lots of jobs available on it.
    Most people that worked there seemed to love it.

THFC wrote: »
    Most people that worked there seemed to love it.

Different strokes and all that. Just found it mind-numbingly bland. In China now, much more enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mkt_312

@Caonima is it really that bad??

mkt_312 wrote: »
    @Caonima is it really that bad??

Yes, it was. Just grey and bland, everything from personalities to food to architecture. The Koreans can be a little frosty, too, but not necessarily unfriendly. I lived in Seoul for 6 months and detested it. I'm into the arts - cinema, literature, art, music - and there was very, very little of interest for me. A lot of foreigners just end up drinking themselves into the ground every weekend just out of boredom; I had to get out of there.

Only positives were that, relatively speaking, the jobs paid okay and you usually got free digs, it was easy to transfer money home, and the girls can be sexy and easy to ... well, you get the idea.

• Advertisement

@Caonima if you don't mind me asking did you use any recruitment agencies? Or even advice/suggestions would be great :)

mkt_312 wrote: »
    @Caonima if you don't mind me asking did you use any recruitment agencies? Or even advice/suggestions would be great :)

For Korea? 2 seconds....

Tiger English was the recruitment company I used for getting the job there. They were pretty good, I guess, but they tended to play down the availability of good jobs and pushed for the hagwons (private schools) instead. Job I got was okay, I guess. Started at 1pm each day, Monday to Friday, money was good, free gaff which was fine.

My advice ? :) Come to China - far, far better experience.

ok thanks!!

still gonna go to Korea?

Advertisement