Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My advice for laptop buyers (1.3kg, 170 euros, chinese)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

It has 13.3'' screen with 1.8ghz intel atom procesor with 2gb memory.
    How does the atom processor handle hi-def movies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That's probably the worst laptop I've ever seen. I've seen €50 tablets that are much more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

These are awful laptops you're linking. Anything with 1GB of RAM and a really old processor isn't worth buying, and that's before we talk about build quality.

Spend that bit extra and buy a laptop which will last at least a couple of years. 4GB RAM minimum these days.
    At least an i3 or a decent AMD.

Don't bother with any of these links posted here, a waste of money. Tablets are move powerful than them these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Yesterday, I bought a laptop from the following site: It costs only euro 170 including shipping.
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/13-3-inch-Notebook-Laptop-2G-Memory-320G-HDD-Windows-7-Intel-D425-or-D2500-Netbook/606845389.html
    The laptop is excellent with only 1.3kg weight. It has 13.3'' screen with 1.8ghz intel atom procesor with 2gb memory. I found it is exactly same like an apple macbook.
    This is a chinese product. My thought is why people buy these highly expensive laptops with 2 and 3 kgs and more than 400 euros from pcworld, argos and amazon. The keyboard, screen and the appearance are excellent in this laptop.
    My advice for people is to buy these inexpensive laptops with less than 200 euros.
    My laptop is 13.3'' screen with 170 euros and white in color.
    A 14'' model is also available with 200 euros including shipping.
    Excellent superb thin light weigth laptops from china. They are highly durable. I advice all to buy these laptops.
    I also bought an advent wireless mouse for 8 euros from pworld.

Website is:
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DH-14-1inch-Best-selling-notebook-laptop-Intel-Atom-D2500-1-86GHz-Dual-Core-win7-OS/715509800.html
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/13-3-inch-Notebook-Laptop-2G-Memory-320G-HDD-Windows-7-Intel-D425-or-D2500-Netbook/606845389.html

I believe the word we're all looking for is 'shill'

• Advertisement

I think that is either a fake or a scam, one of the laptops shown is a real MacBook air with the branding photoshopped out.

Payment methods are western union and moneygram. Didn't the gardai put out notices about not using them to pay for things because it is impossible to get money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 vimal_andrew

GarIT wrote: »
    I think that is either a fake or a scam, one of the laptops shown is a real MacBook air with the branding photoshopped out.
    Don't you know that Chinese has made a laptop that looks exactly like mcbook air. That ame one was given in the above link. It costs around 100 dollars only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

It costs around 100 dollars only.

So what? Those are glorified netbooks with crappy Atom processors. No warranty, illegal operating system (a Windows OEM license alone costs $100), dubios payment methods. If you deal with these people you better have your head examined.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

The laptop is excellent with only 1.3kg weight. It has 13.3'' screen with 1.8ghz intel atom procesor with 2gb memory. I found it is exactly same like an apple macbook.

Sigh,

I take it you've never used a mac then.

Seriously, a nexus 7 is cheaper & has better specs - and that's a mobile processor!

DO NOT buy this.

Torqay wrote: »
    So what? Those are glorified netbooks with crappy Atom processors. No warranty, illegal operating system (a Windows OEM license alone costs $100), dubios payment methods. If you deal with these people you better have your head examined.

Don't you know that only fools these days windows and buys windows licence. The future is with linux. Within few years you will see that Ubuntu Linux will be in 90% of the computers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Don't you know that only fools these days windows and buys windows licence.

This is not about fools buying Windows licenses, it's about the Chinese selling their laptops for 170 dollar with Windows 7... considering the price of an OEM license, this can hardly be a legitimate deal.
    The future is with linux. Within few years you will see that Ubuntu Linux will be in 90% of the computers.

From your lips to God's ears.

Don't you know that Chinese has made a laptop that looks exactly like mcbook air. That ame one was given in the above link. It costs around 100 dollars only.

Even ignoring the absolutely ridiculous internals, the build quality & aesthetics are also worlds apart. Aluminium vs plastic for a start.

This
    dsc01501.jpg

Vs This
    qj9g.png

9f26.png

Don't you know that only fools these days windows and buys windows licence. The future is with linux. Within few years you will see that Ubuntu Linux will be in 90% of the computers.

90% huh? good luck with that.

Why anyone would pay extra for them to put an apple logo on it is beyond me.

Condescending attitudes aside, this is borderline trolling for gods sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

lock this up now and we'll move on

ps
    there are great chinese products out there, but this guy is up to something

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Yesterday, I bought a laptop from the following site: It costs only euro 170 including shipping.

Not exactly making yourself look good there pal :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭No Pants

You only ordered it from the website yesterday. You have no idea what you're going to receive or what it'll be like. When (if) it arrives, stick some pics and benchmark results up.

OP, what link do you have to these?

For anyone buying, the advice given here is that of a complete novice who obviously has no idea about PC/laptop specs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Don't slate the OP now he was only trying to help.....

But seriously they're crap.

I even think the image with windows 7 on the screen is a shop or the windows is is fake!!

Don't slate the OP now he was only trying to help.....

Initially maybe...

Lies!

Also worth noting that he OP said he purchased yesterday. I highly doubt it was next day delivery, so I'd have to assume he currently doesn't have the laptop.

How can you make recommendations on something you have never used before?..me thinks the OP is in for a shock...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hey OP. your advice is bad advice.

Don't go into the advice business. Your strengths lie elsewhere...

;)

Is Chinese a person or a company? So you are saying they have stolen Apple's copyrighted designs? I can't see any link for a laptop for $100 which is very roughly the same as €70.

Isn't their a ban for advertising yourself on boards?

have a look at his/her other posts. it's very well done if it is the company advertising.

a simple look at the IP address from one of the mods will sort it out i'd say.

RossieMan wrote: »
    have a look at his/her other posts. it's very well done if it is the company advertising.

a simple look at the IP address from one of the mods will sort it out i'd say.

Highly doubt the OP is ms Aileen Zheng ;)
    120x120.jpg

But why they'd even recommend this laptop in several threads is beyond me!.

Or be so enthusiastic about linux.

seems to be someone who has just found the internet and wants to get out every bit of information they know.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Jamez735 wrote: »
    Even ignoring the absolutely ridiculous internals, the build quality & aesthetics are also worlds apart. Aluminium vs plastic for a start.

This
    dsc01501.jpg

Vs This
    qj9g.png

9f26.png

90% huh? good luck with that.

Why anyone would pay extra for them to put an apple logo on it is beyond me.

Condescending attitudes aside, this is borderline trolling for gods sake.

At least the Chinese machines battery is user replaceable :pac::pac:

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seen these laptops for sale on CityLaptops.cn;)

yoyo wrote: »
    At least the Chinese machines battery is user replaceable :pac::pac:

Nick

Yeah, its 1.5 hour battery!

..I'm getting 12-14 hours on this baby! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

GarIT wrote: »
    Isn't their a ban for advertising yourself on boards?

This isn't advertising. This is *ahem*... helpful advice...

;)

Advertisement