Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good locations around Enniscorty?

Options
  • 23-08-2013 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi all,

Long shot here, but here goes ... I'm heading Enniscorty direction for the weekend (back from engerland), and I'd really fancy doing some long exposure beach shots - does anyone have any recommendations for locations?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hook head lighthouse if you fancy a spin in the car - should be about an hour.
    trican wrote: »
    Hi all,

Long shot here, but here goes ... I'm heading Enniscorty direction for the weekend (back from engerland), and I'd really fancy doing some long exposure beach shots - does anyone have any recommendations for locations?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

cheers for the suggestion - that looks very cool, I'll have to check it out - thanks a million!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

There's loads of nice sandy beaches in Wexford. Curracloe is very close but might not have the landscape for long exposures, but just follow the coast road and you'll find loads of lovely beaches.

If you head towards New Ross and pop just over the Carlow border you'll find a place called St Mullins. It's not the seaside but is a really nice place for photography with monastic ruins and the Barrow river walk up to Graiguenamanagh.

Hook head, as mentioned above is great. That can be a fairly bleak windswept landscape around there. Loftus Hall is deliciously creepy old House just up the road, if it's overcast it could make a great brooding image. Just north from Hook Head at Ballyhack you can take the ferry across to Dunmore East in Waterford. There's loads of nice rocky beaches here as you head towards Tramore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

St. Helen's Bay is the rocky beach you're looking for. Best designed for sunrise.

The Burrow is good if you get a good sunset, down by Rosslare.

Hook Lighthouse works for both sunrise and sunset.

Good weather is a must to get the best outta the lot.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

blackwater beach. close enough to ennischorty is good for long exposures as its very rocky...

6568176667_9aee231532.jpg
    breaking through by BarryKelly, on Flickr

6563512629_1f1f6a6813.jpg
    i waited for the light by BarryKelly, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭trican

Many thanks for all the tips!

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Lots of nice little beaches around Hook area.
    Also as above St.Helens and Carne beach have nice rocks.
    If you fancy company on Saturday give me a shout :)

Advertisement