Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs in Crumlin

Options
  • 23-08-2013 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    So we've moved from Kilmainham to Crumlin and I miss the likes of the Royal Oak & Bird Flanagan. What are the decent pubs in Crumlin?

Not trying to offend the residents of the area but I've passed the likes of the Old County and thought "yikes, I'm not going in there" so I'd be more of a "non-colourful pub" person.

Remember the letting agent saying you wouldn't want to mix up the Hub and the Sub so local advice appreciated. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I am in the same boat, have moved to Walkinstown..lots of pubs around but are there any I would blend in well..nearest is Rory O Connors at the Ashleaf.. the Kestrel is the other side of me..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

What are they like out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭francois

gaius c wrote: »
    Hi all
    So we've moved from Kilmainham to Crumlin and I miss the likes of the Royal Oak & Bird Flanagan. What are the decent pubs in Crumlin?

Not trying to offend the residents of the area but I've passed the likes of the Old County and thought "yikes, I'm not going in there" so I'd be more of a "non-colourful pub" person.

Remember the letting agent saying you wouldn't want to mix up the Hub and the Sub so local advice appreciated. :-)

The Gate is a well run place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

francois wrote: »
    The Gate is a well run place

Not meaning to offend but that was one of the places that didn't look very enticing from the outside. Could be just me though...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Chickus

I passed the Gate today and it looks like a lovely spot.
    I went to the Cherrytree@ Walkinstown roundabout to have a look last weekend and its seems ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Holiers

Years ago we used to go to Sheary's on Bangor drive, between Bangor road and the Crumlin road, off old county. It was nice for a quiet pint in the lounge.

Advertisement