Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

american power tools

Options
  • 23-08-2013 4:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi I have ordered a cordless porter cable 20v max lithium ion drill/driver from the states and I was wondering will I be able to charge it here in ireland. I am posing this question because america have 2 pin plugs as we have 3. Is it as simple as to use a travel adapter or will I have to rewire the charger.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

Hi I have ordered a cordless porter cable 20v max lithium ion drill/driver from the states and I was wondering will I be able to charge it here in ireland. I am posing this question because america have 2 pin plugs as we have 3. Is it as simple as to use a travel adapter or will I have to rewire the charger.

You will need to use a 110v transformer with the charger as American tools are 110v. You can take the American plug off and put an end on it to suit a transformer

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the woodworker

You will need to use a 110v transformer with the charger as American tools are 110v. You can take the American plug off and put an end on it to suit a transformer

Will the battries charge the same or will they have less power?

Will the battries charge the same or will they have less power?

They will charge fine. I have a dewalt pinner from America and changed the plug and the batteries charge perfect for me

• Registered Users Posts: 12 the woodworker

They will charge fine. I have a dewalt pinner from America and changed the plug and the batteries charge perfect for me

So if I rewirre a 110v plug onto the power cord and use a 110v transformer they will charge fine. Thanks for your help

So if I rewirre a 110v plug onto the power cord and use a 110v transformer they will charge fine. Thanks for your help

Ya that's it. They will b 110% fine. As I said earlier in have a dewalt pinner for. America and put 110v plug on it and use a transformer with the charger and never had a moments bother with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement