Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Island: Epidemic

Options
  • 23-08-2013 12:24am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yes, new Dead Island game is... a free to play MOBA game.
    In Dead Island: Epidemic -- which is inexplicably a MOBA, if you missed the news -- three teams of four players each have to fend off zombies while also worrying about one another.

And instead of base destruction being the win condition, it's all about capturing control points and completing other "dynamic gameplay objectives" like killing specific targets, some of which are said to require cooperation between the teams. Since this is Dead Island, there's an extensive crafting system in here as well. That aspect sounds like a decent-enough fit.

I'm glad that this isn't a cookie-cutter MOBA but, at the same time, there's an established formula for a reason. Epidemic sounds weird and not in an especially good way.

I really can't see anything good come of it, but I may stand corrected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I think it could work great if they can pull it off. Something new in the MOBA family that tries something different. Will defo be trying it when its out.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Looks interesting !

Also, i love the fact that its 3 teams. Having to worry about 1 team is bad enough but 2 !!!

Imagine the fights over buffs, 1 team waits while the other two fight, then pounces when they're weak for all the kills and glory !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Korvanica wrote: »
    Also, i love the fact that its 3 teams. Having to worry about 1 team is bad enough but 2 !!!

Imagine the fights over buffs, 1 team waits while the other two fight, then pounces when they're weak for all the kills and glory !
    Reasons why i always loved FFA game modes in AoE. Never know what can happen :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

boom got my beta key today! thank christ getting seriously tired of lol ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

The next play session will take place this Friday, October 25th, 2013 from 15:00 to 18:00 British Summer Time

ugh, ghay

applied ofr beta but no sign of a key yet :(

Got a beta key for this today.

Must check it out.

Same here, installing at the moment. Add me : IGN: korvanica

added! (I'm legend365)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I signed up on day one, still no key.

Advertisement