Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber in Connemara

Options
  • 22-08-2013 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi All,

I know this is a very generic question but any body any idea of he cost of plumbing a house. 2800 Sq feet, three bathroom, kitchen, Utility room . The usual stuff,

Ball park figure or anything is much appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Hi All,

I know this is a very generic question but any body any idea of he cost of plumbing a house. 2800 Sq feet, three bathroom, kitchen, Utility room . The usual stuff,

That's like, how much is a car.
    €10,000 - €100,000

You need to sit down and discuss it with a plumber. If you have plans or a good idea what type of boiler and system you need, all the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bob5666

scudo2 wrote: »
    That's like, how much is a car.
    €10,000 - €100,000

You need to sit down and discuss it with a plumber. If you have plans or a good idea what type of boiler and system you need, all the better.
    In around 10000 -12000 for usually plumbing ie oil boiler and rads and does not include santiaryware
    Will cost more for underfloor

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

Hi
    Would agree with Bob on the €10 - €14K
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Hi All,

You would need to provide more info regarding what is required for heating & domestic. It's like buying a car! The sky is the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 PaulMcD1978

Hi All,

Thanks for that, I know it was a bit of vague question... trying to put together a budget!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

One of most important things is the quality of the installer. Get as many referrals as you can. They may not be the cheapest but they will be in the long run.
    System design & installer system knowledge is also a key factor.
    If you are considering heat pump technology, I would without question be talking to Condenser here on Boards. He is based in Galway also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 markspend01

Hey Paul well i thinnk the you should meet many plumbers and ask from every plumber that how much cost is require for that and chose various plumbers for that work because if you chose only one plumber then he charge much money from you.Thanks!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Hey Paul well i thinnk the you should meet many plumbers and ask from every plumber that how much cost is require for that and chose various plumbers for that work because if you chose only one plumber then he charge much money from you.Thanks!!
    i dont think you should meet many plumbers,you should only meet plumbers who are referred to you from other people and who have a very good name.If that is two plumbers then thats good.Quality of plumber is far more important than price.

Chose various plumbers for the one contract !!!!

Totaly off the radar with that idea.

U taking the p1s, me much tink.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Chose various plumbers for the one contract !!!!

Totaly off the radar with that idea.

U taking the p1s, me much tink.

The user is suggesting shopping around and comparing price & quality.Perfectly good advice.
    Posts like your above are unnecessary and help nobody. Please try to to be more friendly & understanding.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    The user is suggesting shopping around and comparing price & quality.Perfectly good advice.
    Posts like your above are unnecessary and help nobody. Please try to to be more friendly & understanding.

Sorry cool kid, I didn't try to be un friendly. I just got the impression that OP was recomending getting a few plumbers to to do different sections of the house.

I thought it was a P. take.
    (and still do)
    Extra clue been OP name !

I have reread the post from "markspend01" a few times to make sure, !!

I know I sometimes have put my foot in it in the past, but I didn't mean to here and if I have then sorry to all.

Anybody else have any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,892 ✭✭✭gifted

Sorry cool kid, I didn't try to be un friendly. I just got the impression that OP was recomending getting a few plumbers to to do different sections of the house.

I thought it was a P. take.
    (and still do)

I have reread the post from "markspend01" a few times to make sure, !!

I know I sometimes have put my foot in it in the past, but I didn't mean to here and if I have then sorry to all.

Anybody else have any opinions?

Got the same impression as yourself scudo, not a good idea.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's more a case of poor English I think. Either way the reply was unwarranted, as is an off topic discussion on it here. Let's leave it at that.
    If you want to discuss it further PM me.

Advertisement