Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watching All Ireland Hurling final in Carmel, California

Options
  • 22-08-2013 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Due to low expectations many months ago, I am going to miss the All Ireland final on September 8th! On the off chance has anyone ever been to Carmel in California and know if there is an Irish pub there that might show the game live or how I might get to watch it? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

These guys have the rights since Setanta folded over there.

http://www.premiumsports.tv/premusa/gaa/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

sid40 wrote: »
    Due to low expectations many months ago, I am going to miss the All Ireland final on September 8th! On the off chance has anyone ever been to Carmel in California and know if there is an Irish pub there that might show the game live or how I might get to watch it? Thanks

Is that the same place Clint Eastwood was the mayor of?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

It is indeed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

If you can't find a pub to watch it, you can post in this thread on the day of the final to request someone to PM you a link to the game. These links can't be posted on thread so PM is the only option.
    There have been pretty good streams available over the past few weekends so I'd be surprised if there wasn't one on the day of the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Doubt it. There is a pub in Los Angeles itself which shows it. But only the 1 pub in la. match will be at 7.30 in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I was there 7 years ago, no Irish bar, affluent place, pubs would not be allowed I'd imagine, no Street lighting, restaurants not bars.
    You'll have to stream it. Will media hint on chrome or Firefox set you up with an Irish ip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭nagirrac

St. Stephens Green, Mountain View, is the closest, about a 90 minute drive at 6AM on a Sunday morning. There is nothing on the Monterey peninsula. If you want atmosphere, Kezar in SF is your best bet, but that's another hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sid40

nagirrac wrote: »
    St. Stephens Green, Mountain View, is the closest, about a 90 minute drive at 6AM on a Sunday morning. There is nothing on the Monterey peninsula. If you want atmosphere, Kezar in SF is your best bet, but that's another hour.

Thanks all for the replies. I will look into streaming it if I can set it up as per instructions above!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Zentoad

Thanks all for the replies. I will look into streaming it if I can set it up as per instructions above!

You might try Scruffy Murphy's ( I think) in Santa Clara....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Pudders wrote: »
    Doubt it. There is a pub in Los Angeles itself which shows it. But only the 1 pub in la. match will be at 7.30 in the morning.

Where in LA is that? I will be in Anaheim for the football final in a couple of weeks and can't seem to find anywhere around there to watch it...

• Advertisement

Padkir wrote: »
    Where in LA is that? I will be in Anaheim for the football final in a couple of weeks and can't seem to find anywhere around there to watch it...

Irelands 32 in Van Nuys is the only LA location Premium Sports have on their website. Its 40 miles north of Anaheim and normally would be a nightmare to drive to from Anaheim, but on Sunday morning might be OK.

Zentoad wrote: »
    You might try Scruffy Murphy's ( I think) in Santa Clara....

Closed some time ago, Fibber McGees is there now but does not show the games afaik. Mountain View (St. Stevens Green) is right next to Sunnyvale.

nagirrac wrote: »
    Irelands 32 in Van Nuys is the only LA location Premium Sports have on their website. Its 40 miles north of Anaheim and normally would be a nightmare to drive to from Anaheim, but on Sunday morning might be OK.

Thanks!

Won't actually have a car over there either, will have to see about a bus... EDIT: Just had a look there, would be hard enough to get there actually, of course it had to be the other end of LA!!

I emailed one or two of the GAA clubs over there to see if they know of anywhere else, if I find out, I'll post it on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Thanks!

Won't actually have a car over there either, will have to see about a bus... EDIT: Just had a look there, would be hard enough to get there actually, of course it had to be the other end of LA!!

I emailed one or two of the GAA clubs over there to see if they know of anywhere else, if I find out, I'll post it on here.

I got a taxi from Santa Monica to Ireland's 32. Took about 60 minutes and was about $150. Great craic in there drinking with a priest and nun from Kilkenny!

Pudders wrote: »
    I got a taxi from Santa Monica to Ireland's 32. Took about 60 minutes and was about $150. Great craic in there drinking with a priest and nun from Kilkenny!

Haha, sounds good!

Would it be full on All Ireland morning? Would you need to be there much before the game starts to get in or would there be a problem?

Thinking a taxi will be the way to go. Think there should be a few of us going so hopefully won't cost more than 30/40 quid each! Can get a bus back in the evening then after the day's celebrations (hopefully!! :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Poiteen

Haha, sounds good!

Would it be full on All Ireland morning? Would you need to be there much before the game starts to get in or would there be a problem?

Thinking a taxi will be the way to go. Think there should be a few of us going so hopefully won't cost more than 30/40 quid each! Can get a bus back in the evening then after the day's celebrations (hopefully!! :D).

I went to Ireland 32 last year, and will probably go there again this year, when I got there they were showing the Minor match, so I'm not sure what time they opened, but it was pretty early. They had tea and breakfasts available but they weren't that good.

Anyway - Padkir - there's also a pub in Costa Mesa showing the All-Ireland, which would be much nearer. It's The Harp Inn: http://www.harpinn.com/Default.asp

Advertisement