Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which tablet?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Which tablet would be the best all rounder between the Microsoft Surface RT or the Asus Vivotab ME400C. It will be used for college work, mainly note taking and light browsing, nothing too draining.:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Aeternum wrote: »
    Which tablet would be the best all rounder between the Microsoft Surface RT or the Asus Vivotab ME400C. It will be used for college work, mainly note taking and light browsing, nothing too draining.:o

If all you're looking to do is take notes and surf the web, the Surface RT is a good choice because its a good bit cheaper than the Asus. The only advantage you'd have with the Asus tablet is that its running full Windows 8 so it'll install anything a Desktop or Laptop can install, the Surface RT runs Windows RT, which looks for the most part the same as Windows 8, but you can only install software from the Windows 8 App Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,647 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I like the RT. Neither has a pen though which is a killer tool for taking notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Overheal wrote: »
    I like the RT. Neither has a pen though which is a killer tool for taking notes.

Yeah, it is unfortunate, especially on the Surface RT's part because the Surface Pro has Wacom...if you're looking something with a pen you could get one of the Samsung Note Tablets, they're the same money wise as the Asus and the Surface, although it's not as powerful as either of them

Advertisement