Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benteke 6-1 to be named Aug player of the month

Options
  • 22-08-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Wow, considering he has only 1 game left to play and has been MOTM on his two starts this looks a great bet. RVP is 5-1 fav with Benteke next. Benteke has scored 3 goals and welcome Liverpool to Villa Park on Sat. Utd play Chelsea in Rd2 but if Benteke scores on Sat then i cant see him losing. Looks big to me. BV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Saw this as well, all over it mate.

Just on a sidenote, Mourinho 3/1 for Manager of the Month too, will be tough to beat him IMO. Victory against United will seal it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Who did ye's see these bets with?

BetVictor = Player of the Month.
    PaddyPower/BetVictor = Manager of the Month.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Doocey wrote: »
    Saw this as well, all over it mate.

Just on a sidenote, Mourinho 3/1 for Manager of the Month too, will be tough to beat him IMO. Victory against United will seal it I'd say.

Sure Chelsea must be around 3-1 to beat Utd on their own and no way is he getting it if they dont. Chelsea have played 2 easy enough home games and were poxy to beat Villa so dont see the value in that at all with so many teams left to play.

Benteke down to 3-1 now, bollox knew it couldnt last. Chelsea are BP 11-5 to beat Utd just checked there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 mc_hammered

sturridge probably get this anyway.

not sure about manager. nobody had great start. rogers maybe:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Not necessarily Bentekke has a extra goal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I think it'll either be Benteke (still 6/1 on betvictor), Lampard (25/1) or Sturridge (16/1). Coleman could also be worth a shout for it but do they ever give it to Defenders really? Also Benteke played an extra games to 18 other teams so maybe they might take that into account when picking it. I might stay away from it myself.

Benteke now has no more games though come the end of the month will still have played the same as anyone else - 3 games. No overwhelming favourite so far. He has scored the most goals and has played 3 tough matches so still fav for me. Looking at the fixtures City have Hull at home on Sat so if Dzeko, Silva et al bang in a load of goals one of them might have a shout but Benteke still the best player of the month thus far, no question. Gonna back that 6-1 myself now.

Does the fact Liverpool play on the Sunday mean that came wont count towards it ? :P

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Does the fact Liverpool play on the Sunday mean that came wont count towards it ? :P

As far as i know, no it doesnt matter, its the w/e beginning the 30th Aug

Pretty sure these awards are decided on a few days before the start of the new month,

Could be wrong though.

I'm on Benteke and Sturridge

Presume that it only applies to the EPL and not any cup comps. also

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Warper wrote: »
    Presume that it only applies to the EPL and not any cup comps. also

Good question because if its all games then Ramsey could be a real live contender.

When this get announced :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭DominicKid

lads brendan rogers manager of the month:
    3 wins out of 3
    0 goals conceded out of 3

Did they forget or something ?

No word on the award winners still? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭markc91

Nominees on Sky sports news now

Sturridge, Coleman, Benteke and Mignolet.

Winner announced at 10 am tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sturridge will walk it, with being English.

• Advertisement

Have backed both Benteke and Sturridge, but have a nasty feeling Mignolet will get it. Clean sheets, peno save, et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Polar101

Have backed both Benteke and Sturridge, but have a nasty feeling Mignolet will get it. Clean sheets, peno save, et al.

Of those nominees, I'd bet on Sturridge to get it - 3 winning goals is going to count big I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Sturridge wins :) (if you backed Benteke bad luck but I guess Sturridge wins as each goal was the difference between win and draw)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sturridge got it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sturridge got it.

A very happy man.

Backed both Benteke and Sturridge, but completely forgot (until I logged in today) that I got DS at 16/1!

Could be a good market this.

At last :P

A very happy man.

Backed both Benteke and Sturridge, but completely forgot (until I logged in today) that I got DS at 16/1!

Could be a good market this.

Well done good pick

Advertisement