Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiple student accounts.

Options
  • 22-08-2013 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭

I currently have an AIB student account but this year as the "Head Tenant" in the house we're renting I'm the one whos to pay the rent via bank transfer.

I dont want to use my own account because my grant goes into it and if people are late ill be left with no money when the direct debit is set up.

Is it possible to set up another student account with AIB for them to pay the money into and the landlord to take the money from?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Yup. I have three student accounts with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

BOI also do student banking. But there banking is a bit pre internet. Internet banking with them is fairly **** compared to AIB

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

hfallada wrote: »
    BOI also do student banking. But there banking is a bit pre internet. Internet banking with them is fairly **** compared to AIB

I've never seen a side by side comparison, I've been online with BOI since they started doing internet banking. Could you give me some examples of where AIB's service is superior?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,876 ✭✭✭Scortho

I've a aib student account and a boi student account.

The only reason I have a boi student account is because they were willing to give me 4000 interest free for 26 months.
    So that's placed on deposit for two years.
    Free money for me! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The rent will be paid by standing order not direct debit.

Therefore you decide the date of month that it goes out.

Should be no problem opening an additional account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement