Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUSI Trouble

Options
  • 22-08-2013 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Has anyone been messed around by SUSI? Had trouble with documentation, been mislead about whether they would receive a grant or not etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,912 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

JDPS wrote: »
    Has anyone been messed around by SUSI? Had trouble with documentation, been mislead about whether they would receive a grant or not etc..

Lots of people .... last year

Have you looked at SUSIs charter/complaint procedure?

http://www.susi.ie/QuickLinks/Customer-Service-Charter.aspx

Have you contacted a students union or USI or even a TD?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

They emailed me saying they hadn't received my documentation, and then "found" them when I told them it had already been sent in. So not all smooth sailing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,912 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

If people are having problems use their complaint procedure and also tell them you will goto the Ombudsman if necessary

Keep records like a diary of when you contact them what they say etc

The records that you keep

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement