Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit report. Anyone know what to expect?

Options
  • 22-08-2013 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    Received hubby's cred report today and there's not awhole lot of information in it? There is a section titled account information and it explains that he had cred card with a debt of 2600 and payment frequency which was monthly. The last part is titled payment history with a box with *1 and under it is a 'k'
    Which denotes card revoked. Please note the card was cleared recently with attempts made monthly to repay it and a lump sum paid off last wk. so I presume if we applied for report next month it will say card cleared.
    Can anyone tell me should there be more info? We are hoping to apply for a mortgage and would like any advice anyone could offer.
    Thank you :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

It stays on his record for 5 years from the date the credit card company updates it to finalised. It will effect your husband's ability to get credit when a company runs a credit check. This is another thread about it here, so look for that.

Edit: Thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056988039

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

It stays on his record for 5 years from the date the credit card company updates it to finalised. It will effect your husband's ability to get credit when a company runs a credit check. This is another thread about it here, so look for that.

Edit: Thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056988039

Thank you shopaholic, (love the name btw ;) )
    I know it sticks for 5 yrs :( but its due to finish in march '17 which means it isn't starting from when cleared it. Thank god! I had read a good bit on the net about cred reports and cred scores so I think I was expecting a more thorough report but it was very basic. Therefore I couldn't read into how bad it was. Like some people wrote up that there's so numerous missed payments etc but nothing on his report other than card revoked (which I know isn't good).
    He's had a visa with aib since 99 n never ever once missed a payment til march '12 but paid mthly if not twice or three times a month after this. Funny thing is the bank wanted him to pay 250 a mth back which would have meant he'd be repaying until end of this yr whereas its clear now from large sums he put in quarterly! Hoping this goes in his favour???
    Fingers crossed I suppose

Advertisement