Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fcuk Jaws.....look out for Hovercraft.

Options
  • 22-08-2013 4:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭

This was supposedly part of a planned Russian naval excercize.

Did no one stop to think that the beach and water might be packed with holiday makers and sunseekers????:pac::pac::D

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

It's as though they don't have any respect for their population or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Drunken Russians

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Mad Russians, I was in Denmark earlier this year and they did military plane landings on the beach but they at least warned people to get out of the way beforehand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Apparently the beach is inside a military exclusion zone and not open to the public. But the public ignore this. Perhaps they were trying to teach them a lesson.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

In Soviet Russia the Hovercraft............
    ......fúck knows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Due to the camera angle you cannot tell if there is anyone in the landing area really.

Or maybe I am blind

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭amacca

Showy bastard hovercraft drivers.....makes me sick.

G'wan **** off with your hovercraft somewhere else, I'm trying to relax here.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Were they not just hoppin' across to Finland on a duty free beer run?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

'Father!! A huge Hovercraft is coming our way! We Moscow now!'

Nobody seems to run out of the way so I would say there is a clear landing area and perspective makes it look much closer to the people than it really is.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

tin79 wrote: »
    Due to the camera angle you cannot tell if there is anyone in the landing area really.

Or maybe I am blind

According to the Russian navy,that beach is military teritory and no one should have been on it.

So somene has well and truely fcuked there then...

Oopsie..:pac::pac:

http://news.sky.com/story/1131602/russian-navy-hovercraft-lands-on-busy-beach

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

Was it a gay beach by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,240 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

It's moving so slowly, you could probably finish the chapter of your book, shake the sand from your towel and stroll out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Nobody seems to run out of the way so I would say there is a clear landing area and perspective makes it look much closer to the people than it really is.

they are too drunk to run away

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks like something out of Invasion USA :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Odds are there were people on the shore making sure the landing area was clear, also, if people saw that thing coming towards the shore and didn't get the **** out of the way, they were potential darwin award winners anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

paddy147 wrote: »
    sunseekers

That word has always bothered me.

I mean it is not like it is hard to spot a fiery ball of exploding gas in the sky??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Isn't getting run over by a hovercraft only about as harmful as motorboating a chesty lady?

Advertisement