Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What has Hillary Clinton accomplished

Options
  • 22-08-2013 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭

… to warrant her the top choice for US president in 2016?

Sure she’s been busy as Secretary of State, but what major achievements has she made? A short and lackluster US Senate jaunt? Providing cover for her husband? I just don’t get it. :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

Amerika wrote: »

Sure she’s been busy as Secretary of State, but what major achievements has she made? A short and lackluster US Senate jaunt? Providing cover for her husband? I just don’t get it. :confused:

she successfully spied on the whole of the UN for her bosses bosses!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,100 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

No sure if she is a credible 2016 candidate, she will be close to 70 at the time
    That will be against her

It even got a mention in toady's Boston Globe actually
    Both Clinton and Biden would have to combat concerns about their age. On Inauguration Day in 2017, Biden would be 74 years old — the oldest new president ever. Clinton would be 69, and older than any new president except Ronald Reagan, who was almost 70 when he first assumed the presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I do think Clintons age will be against her. If she was 10 years younger she could of been the first ever female President. If it wasn't for Obama she'd be President right now.

She's a former Senator and Secretary of State what else does she need? There's nobody apart from Biden that seems likely to run atm.

Republican ticket looks like Christie/Rubio for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

She was a Palestinian sympathiser who managed to become a senator in NYC, when all of a sudden she had Jewish relatives.

She was a feminist poster girl while standing by a husband who was a serial womanise and sexual exploiter of an intern.

That kind of duplicity certainly is an accomplishment.

Female corporate lawyer.... Balls of steel.

She was a feminist poster girl while standing by a husband who was a serial womanise and sexual exploiter of an intern.

How did he exploit her?

They both willingly had sex. It was an affair. They are equally guilty.

• Advertisement

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How did he exploit her?

how do you know Monica wasn't exploited by Billy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

If Jesus Christ himself was running for president you would have a problem with it, you are very selective in your skepticism of potential runners... what makes anyone warrant the choice ? Look at the last republican ticket, an absolute shambles and mockery of the political system.

Also its 2013, maybe republicans should concentrate on running the country now weather than worrying about the runners for the next election, it's all about the power struggle, sad reflection on people.

IvySlayer wrote: »
    How did he exploit her?

Yea right. The president of the US and a 21 year old intern. Whatever. No, imbalance of power there.

You don't sleep with your employees, number one, especially ones half or even more than half your age.

Guys a creep.

Then he lied about it.

I don't know how Hilary isn't embarrassed by him.

how do you know Monica wasn't exploited by Billy?
    Yea right. The president of the US and a 21 year old intern. Whatever. No, imbalance of power there.

You don't sleep with your employees, number one, especially ones half or even more than half your age.

Guys a creep.

Then he lied about it.

I don't know how Hilary isn't embarrassed by him.

Have either of you listened to the phone calls Monica made with her friend while it was going on? No indication whatsoever she was exploited.

Yes he lied about having an affair, big shock. Now let's not drag this off topic anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

She wasn't exploited don't be ridiculous. No one is immune from a fling or an affair. Although I get a strange feeling that if Hillary gets in, young male interns won't exactly be throwing themselves at her.

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    She wasn't exploited don't be ridiculous. No one is immune from a fling or an affair. Although I get a strange feeling that if Hillary gets in, young male interns won't exactly be throwing themselves at her.

What kind of asshole sleeps with their intern?

Hilary. She survived being humiliated by her husband. I guess that's something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 karkhanas

You might ask what has Obama accomplished to have gotten him elected as POTUS?

Hilary has played the political game and when you excel at that, you excel at self promotion. You might also asked what did Enda Kenny do to become Taoiseach beside hang on in there for over 30 years and what for a spectacular disaster to hit the economy.

Clinton will be up against a fractured GOP torn between traditionalists and the bizarre 'tea party' faction. If. God forbid, the GOP was going to go a little crazy and nominate someone like Sarah Palin Clinton would destroy her, however, that might actually work as John Kerry dominated Bush intellectually but thanks to the pedantic attitudes of many in the US, especially the more southern states, he was seen as somewhat of a 'know it all' whilst Bush was seen as a homely, good 'ol boy.

What kind of asshole sleeps with their intern?

They both did it, so they're both assholes. He cheated on his wife and she slept with a married man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭Amerika

If Jesus Christ himself was running for president you would have a problem with it, you are very selective in your skepticism of potential runners... what makes anyone warrant the choice ? Look at the last republican ticket, an absolute shambles and mockery of the political system.

Also its 2013, maybe republicans should concentrate on running the country now weather than worrying about the runners for the next election, it's all about the power struggle, sad reflection on people.

I don’t think I’m all that selective in my opinion of the potential runners. They all are severely lacking IMO, including all the Republicans. Not one of them, from either party, is anything special. But back on topic... I’m asking in this thread what Hillary Clinton has done to warrant the "chosen one status," according to the majority of the media… and that we're just going through the simple political motions until her coronation.

karkhanas wrote: »
    Clinton will be up against a fractured GOP torn between traditionalists and the bizarre 'tea party' faction.

Hmmm... what warrants the "bizarre" statement regarding the Tea Party... and how about making a minimal attempt to distinguish fact from fiction in your response?

karkhanas wrote: »
    ...John Kerry dominated Bush intellectually...

Fairy tales?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Hmmm... what warrants the "bizarre" statement regarding the Tea Party...

Because anywhere outside the US a "Tea Party" is: "A tea party is a formal, ritualized gathering for the small meal called afternoon tea".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_party

Now most kids in Ireland would have learned about the tax protest in 18th century US that was called the "Boston Tea Party", but even that used the word "Party" as meaning the gathering of people n one spot to celebrate rather than as an ongoing Political Party.

Which is why the name seems silly to anyone outside the US (and a lot of people IN the usa too!).

For instance, its a bit like calling a politcal party the Birthday Party, or the Graduation Party. Its a play on words that is inappropriate for politics.

The correct name is The Tea Party Movement, right?

:eek:

InTheTrees wrote: »
    The correct name is The Tea Party Movement, right?

:eek:

Yeah pretty much. There is no central Tea Party, just different factions of concerned citizens with common core principles, being for the most part: Respect for the Constitution, Limited Government, Separation of Powers, Protection of Individual Rights, Fiscal Responsibility, Free Trade and Commerce, and Fair Taxes.

So bizarre?

But I can see why the movement might scare Hillary and her "it takes a village" philosophy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,231 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD REMINDER of OP topic:
    What has Hillary Clinton accomplished

Hilary can compromise. Unlike Obama.

• Advertisement

Jonny7 wrote: »
    They both did it, so they're both assholes. He cheated on his wife and she slept with a married man.

yes but was in her early 20's ffs!! what age was Bill and how many times he be around the block before charming tge nicks off o Monica??

yes but was in her early 20's ffs!! what age was Bill and how many times he be around the block before charming tge nicks off o Monica??

Not condoning what he did, but it would be quite a stretch to suggest she was a victim.

He left office with the highest approval rating of any president.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭MonaPizza

Well she did laugh when Gadaffi was murdered by having a bayonet shoved up his rectum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Doesn't invalidate the question, though.

If she weren't married to Clinton, would we have heard much of her? How many people are in the US political structure who are probably better qualified, but just don't have the same PR strength?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

Well, for one she successfully avoided sniper bullets when they touched down in Bosnia-Military experience.

She brought peace to N. Ireland-Pacifism experience.

A winner in cattle trading futures (a good eye for beef on the hoof with bubba helps)-Economic experience

Whitewater,Arkansas-Housing experience

Benghazi hearings-Political experience-when the going gets tough,the tough start going.

So,lets hear it for Hill,and hopefully,Chelsea can get a nice Govt.portfolio so that the house of Clinton may suckle long and vigorously at the taxpayers teat.

Advertisement