Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning briefs!

Options
  • 22-08-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭

This is probably going to come across as really stingy, but I bought a 5 pack of knickers in Penny's yesterday for the princely sum of €6 :pac: and when I opened them, they were all size 6-8 (the packaging said size 10-12) I know it's not normally possible to return briefs, but wondering if it is worth trying to get them exchanged in this instance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Were they labelled as the smaller size inside? If so you should get a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

Since they were mis labeled, then i believe you should be able to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Do you still have the packaging? If so, should be very easy to prove that they are not 'fit for purpose'. The store policy of not exchanging briefs does not affect your statutory rights, as the small print always points out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Thanks for the quick replies! Yes I still have packaging and reciept. They were labelled as 10-12 but when I took out a pair, I thought they looked a bit small and sure enough the label on the inside was 6-8.

I will chance returning them, I know it's only €6, but better in my pocket than theirs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

They'll exchange them and probably throw out the ones you return, but more importantly, it will give them a heads up that other packs could be mis-labelled and they should use it as an opportunity to check that its not a wider issue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 reviewsqs13

yes you should receive a refund especially that all of them in the pack are the wrong size than labelled on the packet

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭cbee20

I had a similar problem in Dunnes Stores a few years ago. The briefs in the pack had the same label as stated on the packaging but it was obvious that they had been incorrectly labelled as they were far too small. They were smaller than those in a smaller sized pack. Received a refund after explaining the problem. You shouldn't have any difficulty.

Advertisement