Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah... The Indo

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

But...but did you not see it, arrived at over 1,000 kph it did, shooting lasers at the swimmers in the water with a big Russian bear logo with red lights for eyes on the side :rolleyes:

It was pretty funny to be fair, only the Russians would do it - and by do it I mean a) miss their base by several miles b) press on with the landing regardless of the obviously packed beach!

PS those huge hovercraft are coooooool.

• Site Banned Posts: 257 ✭✭Driveby Dogboy

i never knew they made hovercraft so BIG!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭marketty

Off topic but one of the many things that annoys me about the indo, and other tabloids, is when some gouger who did a few months in the army is up in court and referred to by the paper as 'former soldier...' WTF does that have to do with anything? As if its a bad reflection on the DF, yeah there's a reason he's 'former'. You don't see 'former taxi driver' or 'former block layer' unless its somehow relevant to the case

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Hedgemeister

Typical Indo 'journalism.'
    If it floats, well, 'tis a ship.
    If it's grey, 'tis a military ship.
    If it makes big waves, well, 'tis a BIG military ship.
    (The saying 'ass from elbow' come to mind)

The Indo never had respect for Irish soldiers, and seem to go way over the top reporting anything negative they can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Larbre34 wrote: »
    But...but did you not see it, arrived at over 1,000 kph it did, shooting lasers at the swimmers in the water with a big Russian bear logo with red lights for eyes on the side :rolleyes:

It was pretty funny to be fair, only the Russians would do it - and by do it I mean a) miss their base by several miles b) press on with the landing regardless of the obviously packed beach!

PS those huge hovercraft are coooooool.

Don't about it being only the Russians who would press on regardless.......it happens to the best of them :)

......I somehow doubt the Spanish would be as understanding if the same mistake was made today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Send in a letter, was just commenting on that, former soldier kills ex wife etc

you never hear

Ex traffic warden stabs mother, kills a dog with a hammer and commits hari kari outside the local supermacs....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭tac foley

i never knew they made hovercraft so BIG!!

The ZUBR class predecessor, NATO reporting name AIST, was almost twice as big!

tac

Advertisement