Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Truman Show.

Options
  • 22-08-2013 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

I have already asked a question about this movie in Arts,Film forum, but I think this question is totally appropriate for AH, if they where to make a similar movie to 'The Truman Show' in the future,and with most of us (whether we admit it or not)I assume have a wee bit of paranoia or at least small suspicions of something or other, what small or large scenario would you add to the movie.. P.s I personally would love to see a similar movie made in the future. I'll start.. Well I use to be a smoker and had quit on a number of occasions and people kept saying to me, 'still off the smokes,fair play to ye'.. Now if I had been the star of The Truman Show,they would have seen me sneak the odd smoke here and there:o P.s non smoker now:) No Seriously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

One day, Truman would wake up and the whole town would be replaced with midgets, just going about their day normally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

Sometimes there's a rarely up around so that and this would become totally the nearly for most throughout the following henceforth truly bouncing suitability can occasionally the best outcome from there to here always come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

When I get wasted I watch the Vanishing Point.

Barry Newman *swoon*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

We put a load of z-list celebrities in a Big Brother-Truman Show hybrid for a year. Then we don't film them or care one whit about them for a year. Then let them out and pretend like we all saw their exploits and see if they ever cop no-one watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

ardle1 wrote: »
    Well I use to be a smoker and had quit on a number of occasions and people kept saying to me, 'still off the smokes,fair play to ye'.. Now if I had been the star of The Truman Show,they would have seen me sneak the odd smoke here and there:o P.s non smoker now:) No Seriously.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat's_Eye_(1985_film)
    Stephen King got there before ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Sometimes there's a rarely up around so that and this would become totally the nearly for most throughout the following henceforth truly bouncing suitability can occasionally the best outcome from there to here always come.

Whoa, that's deep.....man.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭theRB

I always wondered what they would've done to Truman if he did something illegal like kill one of the actors. That would've made for a weird court case.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

theRB wrote: »
    I always wondered what they would've done to Truman if he did something illegal like kill one of the actors. That would've made for a weird court case.

Ben Elton wrote a book about the investigation of a murder on a BB set. Some of the stuff he wrote was a good guess at future BB episodes, run it long enough, it will happen.

I'd be saying "I'm fine", chatting away to everybody else, friends and family, seeming in great form, while secretly wishing I could back to the house so nobody was around me. Depression can put on a great front at times.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Couldn't watch the Truman Show. Too much Jim Carrey in it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Does anyone else get in that mood where they don't want to read anything longer than a sentence?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭endacl

1ZRed wrote: »
    Does anyone else get in that mood where they don't want to read anything longer than a sentence?
    What did you say there after 'does'...?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

I would replace Jim Carey with a cardboard cutout to make the movie a comedy

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

1ZRed wrote: »

TL;DR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

TL;DR

Soz bbz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Imagine you found out your whole life was a "Truman Show" style deal. The first thing I'd think is "****, the whole world saw me ****"

Advertisement