Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

are these prices for real?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Post the question on the Curries/PC World forum. They'll either confirm or fix the glitch. If its a glitch, you won't be getting it at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Don't ask, BUY IT! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Currys/PCW no longer engage with the Talk To section on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭loremolis

I bought one, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

no problem :) does anyone know if you buy a laptop from pc world can you return it to a currys store or does it have to be pc world?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭Torqay

Just so you know... it's now back to 750 yoyos. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Cam57

Got a laptop reduced from €799 to €283 last night, now back up to €474. Bargain. Many thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭dorito92

kickiing myself now i got a laptop yesterday but found out keyboard was sticking, was looking on the currys site at other ones the prices have returned to normal now :(

I'm well impressed with Currys after this. In between me ordering last night and this morning, the price went down to 183 for the laptop I ordered. Emailed them asking them to cancel the order so I could get the cheaper price. Ended up it was a computer glitch and 2 mins later was up to €474 price. Literally within 5 mins of sending email, I got a call from Currys asking me did I really want to cancel order as I would be charged the €474 of I cancelled and reordered. They could have very easily cancelled from my email request and I'd be screwed. Credit where credits due and all.

I take that back they have sent me an email cancelling my order due to their pricing error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

loremolis wrote: »
    I bought one, thanks OP.

Was your order cancelled also?

SnowDrifts wrote: »
    Was your order cancelled also?

They tell me they have but they had taken my money. That's a contract in
    my book.

They sent me a link of their terms and conditions basically covering their asses. Now my funds are held up for 5 working days so can't get another in time. Was a gift. Really pissed off!

Cam57 wrote: »
    They sent me a link of their terms and conditions basically covering their asses. Now my funds are held up for 5 working days so can't get another in time. Was a gift. Really pissed off!

Terms and conditions do not cover breaking a deal, particularly when they took the money and then they decided they didn't want to complete their side of the bargain.

If they don't sort it small claims court will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

loremolis wrote: »
    Terms and conditions do not cover breaking a deal, particularly when they took the money and then they decided they didn't want to complete their side of the bargain.

If they don't sort it small claims court will.

It's happened before and they always hide behind their terms and conditions. Unfortunately you probably wont succeed at the SMC either. I was gonna buy one this morning until I saw the prices return to normal - too good to be true I guess. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If it looks too good to be true, it is.

It was pretty obvious that it was a pricing error, you're just wasting your own time trying to order these things.

RossieMan wrote: »
    If it looks too good to be true, it is.

It was pretty obvious that it was a pricing error, you're just wasting your own time trying to order these things.

I understand what you're saying, but I was talking to a rep that morning and she said the low low price was incorrect but the amount I paid for it was correct. They def need to keep a better check on their website, those prices were up for 10 hours.

Advertisement