Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Moodle - php.ini issue

Options
  • 21-08-2013 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Please excuse my lack of technical language, I'm new to all of this.I'm trying to install Moodle on my laptop. I've downloaded and unzipped all the files. Then it seems you have to 'Start Moodle' and that gives you a windows system window (you know the black ones) that says that Apache and MYSQL are running. You then have to stop Moodle and start it again. I then go to this website http://127.0.0.1 That only works when you've installed all the moodle files. So that checks that your system has all the requirements and it says that mine does. But on the next page I get this message Fatal error:Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Users\7\Documents\MoodleWindowsInstaller-latest-25\server\moodle\mod\data\field\date\lang\en\datafield_date.php
    From what I've read I need to change the timeout on my php.ini files but I have no idea how to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

I have never installed noodle however if you already have a solution which is asking you to change something in PHP.INI then that is pretty simple. Open your note pad and browse to the directory where you have installed your PHP.

Most likely it will be C: root if you installed it to run for MS IIS. But if you are using want then look in the C:\WAMP\
    In there you will find PHP.INI. Change what have been asked. Restart your

Advertisement